Have you ever stared at a bird's nest in a tree as it blows in the wind?
I'm I the only one? As Baby Bear played with her bucket, sticks and stones on our front porch today, I sat in my chair and noticed something for the first time. There is a bird's nest in our birch tree. It's no more than 3 inches in diameter and depth, and the bird that made it appears to have used grasses and woven them together, in and out of the branches.
We've had a blustery day. Still hot, but last night's storms left behind some breezes and clouds. Or maybe it's another front moving in, I'm no meteorologist. I'm just grateful that the breeze makes it bearable to be outside for more than 2 minutes.
As bear played with nature's toys (and a few plastic ones), the nest caught my eye. Our birch tree is 4 years old, and we don't exactly water every day. Its branches are not the most stable of tree branches. Apparently their fineness does not lack strength. And neither does the weave of the petite nest 5/6 of the way to the top.
I don't know how long the nest has been there, but I just noticed it today.
2 comments:
remember the finch we saw hanging out at the tree prior to the beach? is it it's nest? about the right size.
That's what I'm wondering... I haven't seen the finch sine we got back, but that would make sense.
Post a Comment