Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tackle It Tuesday Meme

Tackles of the week...

  • Clean out under my bathroom sink:

Other Tackles:
Plan meals for next 2 weeks*** I'm going to see if using Steph's templates helps me!
Sort through coupons and throw out old ones**
Make shopping list- groceries and cleaning/household products that are running low***
Catch up on washing clothes
Change/wash sheets
Investigate toy storage solutions- bins, cubes, etc....
Take a shower (hopefully more than one for the week!) ***
Sweep/wash kitchen floor**
clean off counters (throw out junk mail and disinfect)
clean bathrooms
pull dead plants out of flower bed (had to work hard to keep bear from pulling out my callas, too.)
water living plants
create a "plan of attack" for baby bear's scrapbook- I have enough papers to get something going, but am so behind on photo organization and printing. I have about 10 pages left before I have to buy more, so if I can just get them planned and done.....

key:
Red= to do
Yellow= in process
Green= done
***= priority , to be done on Tuesday!

I feel so unmotivated today. As I type this post and try to kick myself into gear, Baby Bear and I are watching the Preschool Prep video Meet the Shapes, which we borrowed from the library. She LOVES it as much as she loved Meet the Numbers. I love how she soaks up words and tries to say them. Hubby is working out of town the rest of the week, and I miss him already. I managed to make eggs and bacon for breakfast this morning, sending hubby and tech dad off on their road trips with something that will "stick with them". Baby Bear has decided she no longer likes scrambled eggs.

I know Tackle It Tuesday is mainly for projects, but for me just organizing myself and sticking with a plan of action is a project in itself, as I try to overcome my laziness. So I'm color-coding and will update the list periodically...


WHAT ARE YOU TACKLING???
To read about more Tackle It Tuesday projects, visit 5 minutes for Mom.


updated 12:07 p.m.

still in lazy mode. can't we just eat out for every meal? especially since hubby isn't home. pretty please? oh, and organizing myself is an oxymoron. who was i kidding? i have a toddler with a "poot" diaper that needs to be changed... ahhh. when hubby gets back, he can change all the diapers for 4 days.
4:15 p.m.

i am still unmotivated in the housework arena. but baby bear and i had some fun today. she ran around the front yard, picking up rocks, throwing her ball, chasing it, and trying to catch it. she tried to push her tricycle. (why ride?) she flirted with the next door neighbor's 4 month old. some day we'll teach her that "wild girl" is not really what we want her to be when she grows up. for now we'll keep laughing as she sings "wild girl, wild girl" (it sounds more like "wide gur"). We were dangerously low on baby wipes, and I used a huggies coupon and splurged on the ones that smell like green tea and cucumber.... so fresh and clean smelling!
we read some books, she had a bath, and when it was time for bed, she dove into her crib. i do wish she would let me rock her to sleep, but i guess i should be grateful she goes to bed without a fight. i hope she stays in her toddler bed when hubby gets it converted.

now it's my turn to go to bed. 'nitey night!
10:19 p.m.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow..you are doing great!

Jenster said...

I admire your goals! I keep thinking I'll get back to being organized when the kids start school next week. I'll just keep tabs on you and see how you do, see if I can get any ideas from you!

Good luck!!

Unknown said...

I hate laundry and the under-the-sink spaces scare me! :) Good luck with everything!!!

I'm tacking everything as we're still moving in and nothing ever seems to be even remotely close to being "done"!! :)

Deb said...

Phew, you are busy! I wish I could be that organized - I might actually be able to get things done... :)

Pfingston said...

I hear ya!!!
Here's to becoming more than we are . . . at least me . . trying to get it all together . . .
And here's to your sucess at TT!

Fingers To Toes Photography said...

OH WOW - you got a TON TON TON of stuff to get done, I wish you lots and lots of luck!

Grace said...

I'm working on our new menu right now. The old one was getting boring. So, I now have a new monthly rational menu in the works. It's all written out, I just have to get the "official menu" typed up for the fridge door and it'll be done!!

Samantha said...

Luckily Josh is in town this week, though bored out of his skull with his assignment. Let us know if you need anything.

adymommy said...

Preschool Prep? I haven't heard of it I will need to check them out. We currently have Sleeping Beauty and Happy Healthy Monsters checked out, oh yeah, plus 5 kids books. We worship the library!

Great job on the tackles you did accomplish!

Mommy to 4 little people said...

I so understand the lack of motivation thing....I should be packing right now but instead I am finding things to occupy my time. On the toddler bed thing I have a great tip for you. If you are interested let me know (email me) and I will share what has worked for me three times over :)

Mommy to 4 little people said...

I so understand the lack of motivation thing....I should be packing right now but instead I am finding things to occupy my time. On the toddler bed thing I have a great tip for you. If you are interested let me know (email me) and I will share what has worked for me three times over :)

Mommy to 4 little people said...

I so understand the lack of motivation thing....I should be packing right now but instead I am finding things to occupy my time. On the toddler bed thing I have a great tip for you. If you are interested let me know (email me) and I will share what has worked for me three times over :)

Mommy to 4 little people said...

I so understand the lack of motivation thing....I should be packing right now but instead I am finding things to occupy my time. On the toddler bed thing I have a great tip for you. If you are interested let me know (email me) and I will share what has worked for me three times over :)