family time
Tech Mom and Dad, caslon (the blogger, not the kitty) & camera man came to visit this weekend. Tech Dad helped hubby hang a couple of shelves in the garage and epoxy and re-caulk our kitchen counter where is was beginning to separate from the particle board underneath (the back splash and counter top are 2 pieces unlike the counters that have a back splash built in). Hubby FINALLY found the caulk that had been missing for 3 years since we had the kitchen painted, much to everyone's relief.
In the evenings, we hung out on the front porch, and the neighbor-kitty which has not been removed by the HOA or Animal Control came to visit/play with Bear. If it makes it down to the end of the cul-de-sac, its owners may not see it again.
Yesterday, us girls took advantage of the Spring tax-free shopping weekend and hit Kohl's. Meanwhile, the boys hit the road on the motorcycles, heading over to the Natchez Trace Pkwy for a scenic drive. In spite of Tech Dad's prompting that Computer Guy (Hubby's brother) would give Camera Man a good deal on his motorcycle so he can get a new one, Camera Man continues to contend that he would prefer a new camera. I can't say that I blame him, especially since a motorcycle won't really contribute to his livelihood.
Last night I even got to ride on the bike with hubby, and I have to say I prefer the full-face helmet that blocks wind from your eyes and bugs from your teeth to the "brain bucket" that leaves your face open to everything. Baby didn't seem to mind the bike ride in the least, though I doubt riding on a motorcycle will be a regular occurrence for us during the remainder of the pregnancy.
All-in-all it was a very good weekend. Bear will miss her company greatly, as will we.
4 comments:
Have you seen the movie Over the Hedge? Your HOA somehow reminds me of that movie. If you have not seen it yet, I recommend it. It's very cute.
I must add it to our netflix queue. ;)
we've got it.
Great job! I can't wait to see your finishes garage... :) And it sounds like you all had a fun weekend together. :)
Post a Comment