just can't keep up
That's how I feel this today. Perhaps because last night's sleep was sporadic and I awoke feeling like a zombie, maybe due to Bear peeing a river through her training pants on the booth at the restaurant where we ate lunch with a friend AFTER previously asking to go to the potty but failing to "produce." (On the bright side, the bill had been paid and we were getting ready to leave, so embarrassment was minimized a little.)
Got home, got her into her room for nap time, and she took an hour to get to sleep. "I'm all alone and cold in my bed." Well maybe if she would have stopped squirming she would have had something besides a pull-up on. And she had plenty of blankets. When I went down to check on her, she not only said she wanted clothes now but she also needed to go potty. She did in fact use it before going back to her room where she proceeded to jabber and sing herself lullabies-a-la-toddler (at the top of her lungs) until she finally fell asleep.
Throughly exhausted and swearing off the so-called adventures of potty training (whether temporarily or indefinitely has yet to be determined), I checked my e-mail where I was reminded that I had signed up to bring a meal to a friend who had surgery a few weeks ago. Not having much on hand, on the verge of a breakdown, I called my friend and apologized, trying to comfort myself with the fact that I had seen her at church on Sunday and at least she is no longer in the immobile-doped-on-pain-killers stage but is well on her way to recovery. Still, I feel bad. But the prospect of figuring out what to make since I did not have the ingredients on hand to make what I had intended to and drive 30 minutes in each direction to deliver whatever it was I might come up with was not helping me looming breakdown. So ticked at myself, and with the noises through the baby monitor having ceased, I went downstairs to get a nap of my own.
It helped. Except I woke up with sciatic nerve pain that hit as soon as I stepped out of bed. It's too early for that in pregnancy! And Bear and I were supposed to go to the Supercenter with a friend to pick out flowers for her flowerbed... obviously that didn't happen, either.
Then there's the whole date mix-up/overbooking. Why does everyone want to have parties and cookouts on the same weekend? I was so excited when I thought we could actually make it to all of them. Then I found out one was actually not planned when we thought it was... oops.
I won't go into the things that I need to do around here... though I am keeping on top of laundry ok. At least we have clean underwear.
Thanks for putting up with my little tantrum in cyberspace without reminding me that I only have one child to keep up with. Now have a lovely evening.
6 comments:
SIGH! I feel your pain (frustration, tiredness, whatever it is!) I totally feel like my life is out of control too . . . I have felt this way since before Nathan was born (when I was pregnant) and he's only 4 months old! I can't imagine what I'm going to be like when he's a toddler (and to think we'd like another one!?!?! are we insane or what!)! Hang in there . . . you're bound to have a better day soon! I keep reminding myself that this is just a season!
Hello, dear friend! It sounds like you had a hard day... :( and I'm sorry... I hope today is going better for you! Don't beat yourself up too much about making mistakes. You are such a generous person who continually goes above and beyond for everyone in your life.. you are entitled to an off day every now and then. Hang in there! :) And remember that I'm here for you whenever you need a listening ear...
love you!
Lauren thanks for the blog message! It was great to hear from you. Congradulations on being pregnant. It is so amazing that Susan Wyatt (Freddy Wyatt's wife) is having twins. Hope the rest of your pregancy goes well. I have two genetic mutations and had to take two shots daily in my stomach when I was pregnant. My little girl has grown up so fast. She will be one on June 5th. By the way pass the word, the B.S.U. is having a reunion in Martin on October 4th. It is going to be a good well planned reunion. If you can send me any addresses you have to my e-mail of fellow B.S.U. alumni that would be great! castlewoman38237@yahoo.com
Hope your day is better today!
I am a stay at home mom and love it too!
Lauren thanks for the blog message! It was great to hear from you. Congradulations on being pregnant. It is so amazing that Susan Wyatt (Freddy Wyatt's wife) is having twins. Hope the rest of your pregancy goes well. I have two genetic mutations and had to take two shots daily in my stomach when I was pregnant. My little girl has grown up so fast. She will be one on June 5th. By the way pass the word, the B.S.U. is having a reunion in Martin on October 4th. It is going to be a good well planned reunion. If you can send me any addresses you have to my e-mail of fellow B.S.U. alumni that would be great! castlewoman38237@yahoo.com
Hope your day is better today!
I am a stay at home mom and love it too!
Lauren thanks for the blog message! It was great to hear from you. Congradulations on being pregnant. It is so amazing that Susan Wyatt (Freddy Wyatt's wife) is having twins. Hope the rest of your pregancy goes well. I have two genetic mutations and had to take two shots daily in my stomach when I was pregnant. My little girl has grown up so fast. She will be one on June 5th. By the way pass the word, the B.S.U. is having a reunion in Martin on October 4th. It is going to be a good well planned reunion. If you can send me any addresses you have to my e-mail of fellow B.S.U. alumni that would be great! castlewoman38237@yahoo.com
Hope your day is better today!
I am a stay at home mom and love it too!
If it makes you feel any better, you guys had the date right. Josh typed it wrong. We hope your day is going better today.
Post a Comment