Saturday, April 05, 2008

random tidbits & news

tidbits:
The Memory Keeper's Daughter is going to be on TV April 12th. Too bad I have no way of watching it at home! If you have not read the book, it is a MUST read.

We are supposed to have 2-3 days break from the Spring rains. While I'm thankful God has been watering my garden for me, I'm looking forward to spending some time outside.

news:
Hubby's new "baby" is here! A work buddy offered to help him transport it with his truck and trailer, and they retrieved it last night. I think I scared Bear a little when I warned her not to touch it unless Daddy sets her on top and holds her, but the last thing I want is a motorcycle crushing my precious daughter. She's pretty perceptive, I think she connects the fact that something that's so loud can also be dangerous. (And it's quieter than a Harley.)

This means it's time for me to shop for the new car seats and stroller, right? I think the Graco Nautilus looks good for Bear and the Joovy Caboose Ultralight Stroller or Baby Trend Elite Sit n' Stand look good for both kiddos.... the Graco Quattro Tour Duo I'm still debating whether the higher price on the Joovy is worth it... we'll have to check them out in person side-by-side, if possible.) And then to find an infant carrier that is compatible with the new stroller. And lightweight. Consumer Reports seems pretty worthless in this shopping research, as they lack variety in their reviews, especially for 2-kid strollers.

7 comments:

Tech Mom said...

Tech dad asked if they have straps to strap to the back of the motorcycle?? !!

Grace said...

Wow, double strollers have changed since I was using them when the boys were little. We actually had a sit 'n stand and the regular two seater. The sit 'n stand strollers were just becoming popular when the boys were small.

I like the fact that the Baby Trend Elite holds a baby seat without it sitting over into the older child's seat. They hadn't perfected that when the boys were little and if we had D.K. in his baby seat then Prophet couldn't sit down, he had to stand the entire time. So we always took D.K. out of his seat and put him in the stroller seat, which was a pain if he was sleeping.

That Graco Quatro looks like it could take flight at any moment, fancy shmancy :)!

crt said...

do you still have the other stroller?

Lauren said...

Yep... it's seen better days, though. We still use it. Want it back for #3?

Lauren said...

There's no way Bear will fit in the back basket, by the way. And I'm not putting the little guy underneath.

Sara said...

i've heard good things about the joovey. if you get it i'll be interested to knoe what you think. allison is geting into walking more so it might be a good option for us.

Anonymous said...

Hi, this is Adrian, I am married to your cousin Kevin. Just wanted to let you know that we will also be getting the Graco Nautilus for Jacob. I've read such good things about it, I hope it doesn't disappoint!