beautiful
death is not often referred to as such
neither is mourning
my friend's dad lived a beautiful life
he served his country well, earning a bronze star in vietnam
loved his family well
his last word spoken was "hi", to his son and namesake
perhaps his first word in heaven as well
his innocent grandson slept calmly on his mother's breast
his wife... sad, strong, yet relieved
her beloved, no longer in pain
with his Maker
his daughter, brave, faithful, beautiful
honoring her parents and Lord
loved ones from afar
gathered solemnly with hope
flowers, photos, memorabilia, flag
reminders of a legacy
a short, full life
healed in Him
*****
The funeral service for Anna (WBT)'s Dad was today. Hubby stayed home with Bear, and I rode up with my parents. Another good friend who now lives halfway across the country was able to hitch a ride with her parents, who just happened to be at her house when she heard news of her childhood friend's death. It was bittersweet to see her again. I wish circumstances had been better. One of these years we'll make it out to visit her and her hubby. Several family members drove from 10+ hours away, the church took care of her wounded sheep, and the service was appropriately mournful and joyful.
Thank you all for your continued prayers for this family as they grieve the earthly loss of their father, husband, brother, uncle, and friend.
2 comments:
What a beautiful tribute--I'm so glad you could go. I know they appreciated the support of family and friends!!What a joy to be home with the Savior.
I wouldn't miss it.
Post a Comment