Sunday, January 14, 2007

I really thought I'd be well enough for church nursery duty today...
we dropped Baby Bear off for the Sunday School hour, and I was fully prepared to go serve during the service. About halfway through Sunday School, my head became increasingly "cloudier" and my cough worsened. I had abstained from the meds that I thought were causing my dizziness... apparently the light-headedness was still a sympton of the illness, not the cure. A friend volunteered to fill in for me, God Bless her! I suppose she knew I shouldn't be coughing all over the toddlers. I sat through service... I enjoyed listening to everyone else singing, my heart sung what my voice could not. My friends thought I sounded terrible, but I really do feel better than I have in about 4 days, even with the continuing symptoms. It's all relative.

While I type this, Baby bear is watching "Baby Da Vinci", tapping her head with her palms and bopping along to "Head, shoulders, knees and toes." When I picked her up from her nap, I could actually smell her baby-clean hair. I am getting better, I swear.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I hope you were able to get some rest and are feeling even better tomorrow.

FarmWife said...

Have you had your ears checked? The dizzyness sounds like it may be an ear infection...I had one in October and nearly passed out trying to set up on more than one occassion and shuffled for a good 4 days because I was too dizzy to walk.

Lauren said...

They were checked on Thursday at the doctor. 2 of my meds have warnings not to drive on them.... crazy stuff... I am feeling better today (haven't taken the meds yet.)
We're being lazy... still in pj's.