Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Meal Planning Wednesday!!!!!

Ha-I've done it. Planned two meals in a row. Not the whole week, but that's ok. Baby Bear and I ventured the 1.8 miles to the nearest Publix to see what they had on special for meat. The mail hadn't arrived with the weekly flier, so I was praying for pot roast. My prayer was answered! So I bought one for tomorrow, which I will throw in the crock pot with carrots, potatoes, garlic, onion, and celery and cook on low all day, and one to freeze for later. Then, a demonstrator was cooking some pork stuff that tasted yummy. And I decided that as tempting as it would be to go out to eat, hubby would probably not feel like going out tonight, so I would make dinner. So we're having Spanish Style Cubed Pork Cutlet, rice, and asparagus. He isn't a big fan of asparagus, but it was also $1.00 off plus I had a coupon for another $1.00 off and I'm craving green veggies this week. Real veggies, not canned or frozen.

p.s. I'm fully aware that impuls buying at the suggestion of a demonstrator does not constitute a meal plan. But progress, no matter how small, is still progress.

3 comments:

Caslon said...

Garlic helps the taste of asparagus. I find a little goes a long way. If J likes garlic it may help.

Tech Mom said...

Yeah Lauren that sounds good. I also like asparagus stir fried with alittle olive oil sea salt and dillweed. You are really getting domesticated!!

Lauren said...

I agree on the garlic. Garlic helps everything. Especially FRESH. I love my garlic press.

I sauteed a celery stalk and 1/3 onion in butter with the pressed garlic, then added ground salt and pepper and the asparagus. It was yummy. hubby ate his token amount, as usual, but he ate a lot of the meat and some of the rice. He's still feeling under the weather, so right now I'm just glad he ate more than last night.

The pork was pre-seasoned at the grocery store, I'm not getting THAT domesticated. lol. But they do such a good job, I don't mind paying a little extra... it's still less than going out to eat.