Sunday, January 28, 2007

warning: personal, may require tissues

i didn't want to post about this until i had spoken with my parents and hubby's parents. for those of you who are family, i'm sorry i'm not sharing in person or on the phone, but typing is easier than talking right now. i tried to talk about it with someone last night and couldn't without crying, so i'm not going to bother trying right now. i had to have hubby tell his mom, and while i made it through the conversation with my mom ok, it wasn't easy.

anyway, last weekend i took a couple of home pregnancy tests. they had very slight lines on them, so i didn't know what to think. i wanted an expert opinion... lo and behold, we were at tech mom's house. so i had her take a look at them , since she reads tests like this for a living, sort of.... she said they looked + but give it a week or so and test again... we tried not to be too excited, of course, but we were. i even asked baby bear what she would think if mommy has a baby in her belly, and she started poking my belly button and kissed my tummy. (she likes tummies anyway, i'm not sure she really understood the question.)

this week, i started experiencing nausea and my gag reflex kicked in a few times, more than it usually does. i was beginning to trust the tests. i called my doctor and made an appointment for next week, to go in and confirm. i was due for my annual check-up anyway, so the timing was perfect. when the secretary made the appointment, of course she asked all the standard questions when i told her it might be more than just a regular exam... i told her the date of my last cycle, and about the tests. she changed the slot to a first OB check-up just in case.

yesterday morning, i took another test.... positive. darker line than the previous two. my hopes were up by this point. hubby and i had accepted that even though we didn't feel ready for another child financially, we know God is in control. children are gifts, and quite honestly, i don't feel like i should try to control whether or not we have them right now, especially since we know we would like baby bear to have siblings at some point.

God is in control. that's what I'm clinging to right now. i started bleeding last night. just a little. this morning, it's increased. if the tests were truly positive, things aren't looking good right now. i will call my doctor's office first thing tomorrow, see about changing my appointment to earlier in the week. preferably, tomorrow. according to the calendar, if there is or was a baby, he or she should be 6 1/2 weeks along right now. the size of a lentil bean. the heart would be developing, and limbs would be in their early flap formations. my cycle is irregular, so that's speculative. there is the possibility that my hopes were up foolishly, and my body is just being more irregular than normal. except for four darn tests i've taken at home that implied it was more than my imagination...

thank you for your prayers, loved ones (and strangers who may happen across this post). i'm not really in a chatting mood right now, so forgive me if i lurk unannounced on your blogs.

p.s. it's hard to have too much of a pity party when your 15-month old is bouncing on her cute little behind to Big Bird and the gang singing their ABC's. she is the cutest.

12 comments:

crt said...

praying here. if you do want to talk you know where to find me.

crt said...

btw, my big sis has had that happen and all was ok. so...

Grace said...

I'm praying as I type and will until you know more. I'm so sorry...I know from experience that the wait is horrible and the fear is almost unbearable at times. Hold on to Him right now sweet friend, it's the only way to get through it.

We'll all still be here when you're ready!!

FarmWife said...

Oh, Lauren, I am so sorry you're going through this. I am praying. Keep us posted. We love you.

Stephanie said...

Praying!

Tech Mom said...

praying that you will have peace and trust in the heavenly fathers best for you and your family--we are here for you all.

Lauren said...

Praying for the best, but preparing for the worst, just in case. I'll be calling the doctor first thing. Gina has volunteered to watch Hannah so I don't have to wait for mom and dad to get here. The boss from the headquarters (not the prez) will be visiting in hubby's office, so the only way he can come is if I wait til the afternoon. I'm not that patient.
Thanks for your prayers. Bleeding less tonight. Gina also had bleeding at the beginning of her 2nd pregnancy... got put on bedrest for a month, but Peanut is almost a year old! Not knowing is hard, but I think I'll be able to sleep tonight. I hope.

Sarah said...

Prayers are with you!

Anonymous said...

Lauren, I'm saying prayers for you. When I got pregnant with Bugaboo I had breakthrough bleeding. I got put on bedrest for a bit because of it. I am saying prayers that you are given and prepared the answers you seek.

Farm Fairy & Bruno said...

Praying and praying some more.

zann said...

definately sending up a prayer for you. I'm so sorry you are having to go through all of this, and hoping that the doc has some answers for you. Keep us up to date. z

Nan said...

Lauren, I've stopped lurking and started praying. Hope everything goes well.

-Cate