Tuesday, June 05, 2007

i'm jealous of farm wife and inkling. and my hubby.

there, i've confessed it. you may wonder what all 3 of them have in common, considering hubby has never met the first two.

they know many of their cousins. some well, most of them at least well enough to recognize and know something about. i could pass several of my first cousins on the street and not have a clue. i was reminded of this tonight, as i became facebook friends with my aunt and one of my cousins. (yes, i'm on facebook. i'm not really sure why, other than to feed my internet addiction, i suppose. and it has been fun to touch base with some friends from college, one of hubby's cousins, and now my own extended family! besides, feeding the habit is easy to do when hubby's travelling and baby bear is asleep.)

tomorrow night, Lord willing, i will get to see one of my older cousins (the oldest on dad's side, i think) for the first time since our grandfather's funeral. he's in town on business, and my parents and i are going to meet him for dinner and then come back here for dessert.

2 comments:

Mommy to 4 little people said...

don't feel alone I do not know many of my own family members either.....I know how you feel.
I always wished I knew my cousins and had spent a lot of time with them growing up. That maybe why I am so obsessive about my kids spending time with their cousins.
My hubby grew up in a very close knit extended family too.

Lauren said...

It's funny, I think I might recognize a greater percentage of his cousins than mine. But in our transient society it's not all that surprising.