Friday, June 15, 2007

Silly, me!

We have plenty of desserts in this house. Left over carrot cake and cherry pie from last night, to be exact. Well, I saw the buy-1-get-1-free sale at Publix on my favorite brownie mixes, and came home and made a batch right away, as part of hubby's Father's Day dinner. I also picked up their prepared Chicken Florentine breasts, some sweet potatoes, and Uncle Ben's Rice, which was also B1G1... making it 65 cents a box for the good varieties. I guess I'll be bringing some brownies to Family Bible Adventure (VBS) setup, because God knows we cannot possibly eat all this dessert. Gina, if you're lurking and home, want some turtle brownies? I should have sent the cherry pie home with my sis, after all. What was I thinking? This weekend is going to be crazy with FBA prep, so I'm making a decent meal for tonight.

I've also made some homemade play-dough, which I am going to TRY to use part of to make a Father's Day gift for hubby to put on his desk at work. We'll see how well Bear cooperates. She doesn't sound very happy right now... she just had a very short nap and is crying for some attention.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the thought! We are leaving for CA today and so, no brownies for us :-)

Grace said...

Homemade play-dough rocks! It's so much softer than the store bought stuff. Although the kind that is mainly salt does tend to crumble when it dries in case your planning to dry it out for something!

Lauren said...

Baby Bear didn't want to touch it... and I thought I had food coloring, so I could not entice her with cool colors. Oh, well...
I have it in the fridge in case she changes her mind and gets curious.