Argh...
-another business opportunity presents itself. Dear Lord give me discernment & grace through this whole process of listening to the excited person's pitch. Have I mentioned that I am burnt out on network marketing? They are not all schemes or pyramids, but they are NOT for me. And I pray that my loved one doesn't get shafted in the process... (It does sound like the people behind it are decent people, but I can't help but be a skeptic, even if the product is pretty cool and shows potential.)
-another friend is having a very tough week. I wish I could be there to give her a great big hug, cry with her and pray with her in person. I can't share the details, but please pray. In a weird way, I am grateful to be able to say that I have been in a similar situation, because I know how much it helped me heal to hear that I was not alone.
-my house does not self-clean. I want an in-floor vacuum unit someday. That would probably require a crawl space or basement. I also want self-cleaning toilets, self-folding laundry and an irrigation system. While we're at it, something to keep the birds and bugs from eating my cherry tomatoes as they ripen would be nice.
-my yard has mole tunnels. lots of them. i hope i don't actually see one of the pests live. seeing the mulch move from one near the flowers i watered was creepy enough.
-gas was 11 cents higher less than 15 miles away today. what a ripoff. i only put $5 in the tank since I didn't want hubby to have to come rescue me, and i hope it doesn't go up before we fill up here. The oil companies are tyrants.
Yesterday was a very good day. So was today. I'm just tired, and now I "get" to go trim hubby's hair. I did get to go "gamble" at bunko tonight. I love a good girls' night out, and the fellowship is well worth the $5 lost in the bunko pot. Congrats to my lurker and neighbor, gina. :-) Oh, and the neighbor whose wife hosted is a sales rep for Russ, and he gave me some cool stuff for Baby Bear.
Argh....
4 comments:
I ditto the self-cleaning everything! Sure would be nice . . .
Have a great weekend!
I know what you mean about moles. Thankfully we don't have them in this part of Idaho, but growing up in western OR, they drove my parents crazy. It IS creepy to see the ground move.
my mom says another thing is to take juicy fruit gum--cut it lengthwise in half and put them in the tunnels--the moles chew it and they cannot digest the gum!!
If it makes you feel better about not having a central vac, I've heard several people who loved them at first but then they stopped working so well and they ended up using a regular vaccuum anyway.
Post a Comment