Thursday, August 02, 2007

Thankful Thursday: blessings



Yes, this is material. No deep spiritual significance to my thankfulness today. Today I am thankful for extra 25% off spring clearance items I found at Babies R Us. Baby Bear inherited quite a few shorts from her cousins, but their matching shirts didn't survive their active lifestyle. The poor girl has been sleeping in 18 month pj's for far too long now (she wears 2T). I've picked up a couple of pj's along the way, and now with the shorts and tees, she should be all set for pj's and play clothes in her size. I paid about $3 per piece on average (the pj set brought up the average, the individual pieces were $2 something each.)

I've already warned hubby that unless Baby Bear stops growing, there is a possibility that she may not fit into her winter hand-me-downs. (His pay can't hit fast enough.) That's what happens when you have a child that eats like Cookie Monster. I am glad I haven't shopped ahead a whole lot; that would have been a waste of money, even for bargains. I do expect she may lose a pound or two while chasing after the big girls next week.

So anyway, good sales make me VERY Thankful this Thursday. Now to quit procrastinating and get packing...

5 comments:

Denise said...

Thanks for being thankful sweety.

Mary said...

I love the sales!! We always found the great quality clothes for at least 75% off for our kids. There's such a mark up on that stuff! It's good to be thankful for the material stuff too, my friend. Thanks for sharing. Have an awesome weekend!

Jenster said...

If you think about it, this "materialism" is pretty spiritual. You're just being a good steward of your money, right? So this was a very deep post, then! lol

I don't know anyone who doesn't love a good sale!

eph2810 said...

I think it is wonderful that you have found the bargains :) - Baby cloths are so expensive. And like you said - they grow so fast, you can't usually by ahead of time, because they might not fit.

BTW - your little one is a cuttie...

Thank you so much for sharing your grateful heart with us this week.

Blessings to your weekend and always.

Hopeful Spirit said...

Enjoy your vacation!