Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Silly Six Meme

I have been tagged by Kristi.

The rules are:
1. Link to the person who tagged you.
2. Mention the rules.
3. Tell six unspectacular quirks of yours.
4. Tag six bloggers by linking.
5. Leave a comment for each blogger.

OK, here goes:

1. I have a harmonica collection of about 15. I don't play any of them well. When I was in 5th grade, my parent bought me a harmonica because I liked playing my Grandpa's so well when we would visit him in NY. A neighbor's Uncle Ed came to visit and heard/saw me sitting on the front porch playing my harmonica (bet the neighbors loved that), and he sent me his collection. He died of cancer shortly after that. Conincidentally, Uncle Ed was from the Pacific Northwest, the same region where several of my blogging buddies reside.

2. I would rather do yard work than keep my house clean. Under normal circumstances. This far along in pregnancy, I am not up to either, though I have at least made myself keep up with laundry and dishes.

3. I am usually pretty laid back, but don't you dare mess up my everyday silverware drawer. It will drive me nuts until I can fix it. I've begun to notice since MIL came to help me "nest" that there are other certain things that must now be in their respective correct places. But the average person would never notice them. (She sorted my towels by color, I prefer to organize them by size and then color. For example, she had blue hand towels and washcloths in a stack with the bath towels. Well, I use them all at different rates, so for me it makes more sense to stack them according to towel type so the wash cloths and hand towels don't get lost in the stacks. I never realized that would bother me so much, considering how when I grew up we were just lucky if the linens didn't fall out of the closet onto us.)

4. I collect digital photos. On my computer. I do not print them out often enough.

5. I am addicted to Facebook. I have re-connected with a couple of people from elementary school, middle school, and cousins who I would not normally recognize if I passed them on a street thanks to FB. I'm getting to know more recently made friends better, too.

6. I find myself using phrases my Mom still uses with me when talking with my little girl. "I'm so glad your my daughter." One of Bear's favorite lullabies is a rendition of one Mom sang to us as kids. Pretty soon, as she starts gaining responsibilities, I'm sure, "I don't expect perfection, but appreciate the effort!" will be added to the list.
****

Okay, I played along. Now this little guy needs to come OUT! Seriously. I had some contractions after my last post, went to sleep, and they stopped. We're going on 41 weeks here. I can't imagine how people who gain TONS of weight manage... I'm approaching 30 lbs, and that's more than enough for me!

I tag Becca, Caslon, Becky, Jenn, Steph in TX, and Emily D.

2 comments:

adymommy said...

C'mon baby! The whole internet is getting antsy.

Every time I open my reader and see a post from you I think this is it! this is it!

Rest as much as you can today. Baby will be here soon.

Kristi said...

I'm glad to see that seems to have done the trick!!! :P