Thursday, August 07, 2008

nothin' a little retail therapy can't fix

so, i got to my check-up today. everything was going smoothly.

weight? 165 lbs. check
blood pressure? still great
baby's heartbeat? 145 bpm
progress? 2 cm, 50%
position? head first
size? can't REALLY tell, but no more than 7 1/2 lbs, possibly less
if he doesn't come on his own by 41 weeks, induction will be eminent. we've got a bit to go for that.

and oh, by the way, since i tested + for group b strep, i get to have penicillin iv'd through me. what happened to the phone call with the results? am i sooo laid back that i come across like i don't care? what if i had gone into labor this week and did not know i would need the iv's, took my precious time getting to the hospital, and then not been able to get the meds? i'm sure it would have been fine, but i was a bit irritated.

oh, well. now i have some super cute itsy bitsy newborn socks and caps and a super snuggly blanket and snuggle toy set for my little guy (for bear to give to him), 2 pair of lightweight pants for bear to wear with her plethora of t-shirts, and a present for bear from her little brother. i tried not to let the fact that kohl's doesn't carry nursing tops or bras spoil my therapy session.

3 comments:

Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Josh said...

Hey Lauren, the two deleted comments are mine. I was signed in as Josh and I knew he would be mortified if I left it. Below is my message:

I have a couple of nursing bras you are welcome to if they would fit, though I found that they weren't necessary. The sleeping bra was nice during the first few months, but I found that the regular bras that I bought while I was pregnant worked better. I have been nursing 18 plus months and wore the nursing bras only a hand full of times. Email if you would like more info on the subject :-).