Tackle It "Tuesday"
As previously posted, my MIL came to help me nest, since God apparently forgot to put that instinct into my gene pool. (My sister must have got all of those genes, because I don't think my brother got any of them, either).
Here are some photos which show what we accomplished:
This photo represents the "before", even though it was taken after. Except for the motorcycle and tools in the background, all of these boxes were cleared out during our tackle.After:
Hubby and Dad-in-law moved the top 2 shelves up to the top notch, then bought and installed the mug and small-plate shelves. They worked with the holes that came in the cabinets.
Organized spice/seasoning cabinet.The containers with the white faces hold packets, loose tea bags and other oddly shaped items which normally would fall out. Tech Mom found them under a cabinet at work, no longer in use. The used to hold prescription samples, before their filing went high tech. We covered the blatant drug logo with white contact paper. She also brought me the 3 tiered expandable insert for the spices.
The re-organized hall/kitchen storage closet.The paper goods and griddle had been falling out every time I opened the door. We moved the tall glasses into their home in the kitchen cabinets after hubby and Dad in law added the extra shelves. That got rid of a box and created usable and greatly needed space.
"Bear" in front of the linen closet.Table cloths and other miscellaneous linens packed away in the tote.
(Yes, I do brush her hair. Sometimes. She asked to be in the picture.)
Bear and Little Guy's closet.Yesterday I managed to keep my kitchen clean, keep up with laundry as much as I can (I still need to go through my clothes), and organize the cabinet under my bathroom sink. (Hubby's is not quite the disaster area.) I also vacuumed the utility room, including behind the washer and dryer, which got rid of the mess of dust-bunnies and other debris that somehow accumulate so quickly.
And thanks again to the World's Greatest Mother-in-Law! (Who really needs to update her blog, by the way.)
So, those are the main tackles from this week. Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the Tackle it Tuesday HQ by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.
And thanks again to the World's Greatest Mother-in-Law! (Who really needs to update her blog, by the way.)
So, those are the main tackles from this week. Thanks for stopping by! Be sure to visit the Tackle it Tuesday HQ by clicking on the banner at the top of this post.

7 comments:
It sounds like you got a lot done. I didn't have the nesting instinct either lol. Nope just skipped right over me. Thank goodness for Mothers and in laws lol.
Blessings,
Kim
What a tremendous tackle! You are so lucky to have a great MIL to help you! My MIL is awesome too, but she lives so far away!
Yea for a great MIL! Can I borrow her?! :) I'm de-cluttering my blog & store. Pop over for a look.
Confessions of an Apron Queen
I'm w/ the apron queen, can I borrow her? Blessings!
Great job! I think I must have also been born without the "organization/cleaning" genes too! At least I know I'm not alone. Thanks!
WOW! Nice, I am so happy for you, I bet this feels GREAT! My sister is nesting too, she is due in like 2 weeks. :o)
Wow, your after pics look great!
Post a Comment