the waiting game
he's still bakin'. my weight was the same as last week, still measuring good, doc d said the cervix is softening nicely and i am closer to 3 cm, effacement probably about 50% still. but of course those stats don't mean anything, except that's almost 3 cm less that i have to open up to push this baby out of me when the time comes. he's in a good position, but she didn't feel around enough to check for a station, which is fine by me. her philosophy is he'll come when he's ready or no later than 41 weeks when it's pretty much their office's standard to evict, i mean induce.
if for some reason he decides to stick it out til next week, i will go back next wednesday for an ultrasound to check amniotic fluid levels and a non-stress test. but he's definitely still kicking in there, heart rate was good, yada, yada, yada....
hubby predicts we'll meet our little one within the next 3 days. parents predict the side effects from the tropical storm will work their way up here and bring on the action no later than my birthday. but they also predicted the full moon would bring him out. i do think the increases in twinges, hip/pelvis aches, braxton hicks that i've felt over the past couple of days can't be bad signs.
3 comments:
I can read the excitement in your posts as you wait for your little boy to greet the world with his smiles and coos. I too find myself excited to await and read he's made his entrance!
I know you want it to be soon but I am still holding out for your birthday__what a birthday present!!
Hi, I found your site via Becky's blog roll. I've "wandered" over to your page SEVERAL times today eagerly checking in to see how the "waiting game" is playing itself out. :) Good luck and I look forward to reading updates about this exciting time in your lives!
Post a Comment