Sunday, January 07, 2007

Procratinaholic Weekender

Ok, so I'm getting a little behind on my finding focus list. the counter is still messy, meal plan is not made, and laundry not caught up. But I went to the gym for the 2nd day in a row! Woo hoo! We signed a contract with them 2 years ago, just before I found out I was pregnant with Baby Bear. I haven't been diligent in my working out, though I can't imagine why. ;-) Well, when I weighed myself yesterday, I was pleased to discover that in spite of only finding 2 things out of about 15 that I tried on that I liked well enough to buy when I last went shopping, my weight is back to what it was when I first got pregnant. Alas, weight might be the same, but my body's not quite hanging the same. You know, the whole post baby body syndrome. That disheartening shopping trip motivated me to use what's left of our gym membership. We don't care for how the company runs things, and hubby's work got a contract enabling him to work out for free elsewhere. Still, 2 days in a row. I'm gonna be sore tomorrow....

Otherwise, we took it easy today. We skipped church, choosing not to subject people to baby bear's runny nose and fever (which is dropping), slept in, and relaxed.

5 comments:

FarmWife said...

Glad to hear Baby Bear is on the mend. I can totally relate to the post baby body...I've always been very thin, but thing just aren't where they used to be.

Caslon said...

good job with the exercising - I'm waiting on my machine to see how I will do. I told Grant I want to put it in between the living and dining rooms and he was concerned about how that would look... I told him if I use this for 6 months it would be a miracle. I can put it under the bed when company comes, but if it's right here staring at me I'm hoping I'll use it more.

Lauren said...

Wise choice. You could put it on the landing, upstairs, so you see it but it's not quite as conspicuous. But that might still be too easy to ignore.

My weight was 143.0 today...

Lauren said...

caslon-- you think marriage and age change your body, just wait til you have kids!

farm wife- i can't believe you still average as low as you do after having 3 kids! that's amazing!

Grace said...

I just made a new monthly menu two nights ago. This is something I've done for years... I change it up about every 4 or 5 months. I print it on the computer put it a plastic sleeve with sticky magnets on the back and post it on the fridge. I'll try to post it sometime soon!!

I presently have Mt. St. Laundry in Smart Guy and I's bedroom... been doing laundry ALL day long and not even near being done. I have at least 13 more loads to go and I've already done about 6... pathetic I know. My cue to do laundry is when my boys have to wear yesterday's socks another day... maybe I should come up with another laundry cue!!

Even after I had Prophet and had lost 30 pounds or so from his conception to his birth, my body was still different from before. Everything just sat different on me!!

Well, we'll just have to call ourselves "the sore sisters" and share in one another's misery!!