Finding Focus... still
As you have most likely figured out, I keep reverting to my procrastinatory ways. Well, tonight I spent 2 hours, yes you read that correctly, working on my life management "Finding Focus Project" spreadsheet. There's a verse that says: "Where there is no vision, the people perish." In my life, that translates to: "where there is no plan, little gets done." I'm becoming increasingly aware of the fact that I need to be intentional in how I live my life. Not just to do chores, because while they are important, I am blessed with two far more important things: my hubby and my daughter. I've focused on my weaknesses and struggles for far too long, and made excuses for them. I always struggled with unit plans as a teacher... to be honest, I usually made them up after the fact, to look good for my evaluations. I realized they could be very helpful, but I was overwhelmed with the day to day struggles and just didn't quite get "there". My kids managed to learn, but oh, how much more all of us could have learned had I been a little more efficient in my planning. Anyway, bygones are bygones, and I'm starting fresh...
So far, my spreadsheet for my personal FFP has 3 worksheets.
1)Brainstorming/Master List-
Divided into 5 categories: Personal, Spiritual, family, household, hobbies
2)Chore Chart-
Divided into room/area and frequency (daily, weekly, monthly, occasionally, projects)
3) Weekly Plan Template- days of the week across top, 5 categories along the side
largefamilylogistics suggests assigning a specific room or area to each day. That may be common sense to some of you, but this organizationally challenged lass trembled at the thought of that type of commitment. (It really is amazing I ever got married. At least I don't have a fear of committing to my hubby!!!)
These are the daily "focus areas" I have come up with so far:
Monday- Kitchen/Meal Planning Day
Tuesday-Laundry Day (That's what I've been working on today, though it's not going to be limited to Tuesday)
Wednesday- Bathroom Day
Thursday- Cleaning Day
Friday- Shopping Day
Saturday- Miscellany Day
Sunday- Church/Family Day
So there you have it... I am developing a "Unit Plan" for my day-to-day life. I suppose it's not really anyone else's business, and I risk showing those of you who don't really know me just how undisciplined I am, but so be it. Perhaps someone who reads this will be encouraged by something in this post. Maybe someone will jump on board and refocus alongside me. Or maybe you'll just pray for me, that the step that just took me 2 1/4 hours to take will lead to action. If I post less frequently, hopefully it means I am accomplishing something apart from the blogosphere.
Good night, friends. Hope all is well in your page of the blogosphere!
4 comments:
I'm proud of you! Routines are so helpful.
I'm working on "getting it together". I feel like I've really let "it" slip the last few months. This warmer weather seems to be helping me want to do it. We'll help each other! Can't wait for the 27th to MIRL!
I am so proud of you for doing this girl. You will be amazed how much you feel freer. (is that even a word?)I read once that a cluttered house was a cluttered mind. I find this to be true for me. I used to let my filing (ie reciepts, paid bills, paperwork) pile up. I have been working my filing..Any papers/receipts that need to be filed are filed that day. Not piled up in a "file" pile. Hubby commented today he was proud of me for doing that. So see my dear even people like me (totally neurotic, obsessive, compulsive when it comes to housekeeping) need refresher courses and you helped me with that.
Ah, tis true... but I prefer the saying, "an empty desk is the sign of an empty mind!" Unfortunately, I'd have to agree that the mess on my dresser is driving me nuts! I'm tempted to take before and after pictures and post them, but I don't know if I want to be THAT honest with non-real-life family!
Post a Comment