Wednesday, March 07, 2007

wow...

the fact that it's been over a year and a half since that 1st belly shot in the previous post was taken. just a little over two years ago, i swore my dentist to secrecy that i could not have x-rays taken because i pregnant, based on the home tests. (my parents go to that dentist, too.) after 6 years of marriage, we were finally going to be parents.

fast forward 2 years... my baby isn't so little anymore. she kisses the pictures of herself on the 3 finished scrapbook pages, and doesn't seem to have a clue that she is actually giving herself kisses.

in 2 more years, i will look back at pictures of baby bear that i took today, and remember that she used to be so small? she seems huge to me now, but i am very well aware that my baby has a long way to grow.... i wonder if she'll have a sibling to play with by then, or perhaps even more cousins?

i hope all of you are having a terrific week so far. hubby is away for work, so it's just me and the little one tonight (she's napping at the moment).

5 comments:

Kimberly Vanderhorst said...

What sweet reflections. Glad you have memories to keep you company during your hubby's absence. =)

FarmWife said...

I love the pictures! You look just the same as you did in High School...only pregnant! :)

Hope you're having a good week. It's still cool here, but my bulbs are sending up green things. Flowers are still about a month away. I cannot wait to head south next month to see the flowers!

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures, and I think that you will have a little one in within the two years when you look at today's pictures. Hugs!

Lauren said...

thanks, girls. :-)

farm wife, i bet you do, too! let me know when you're coming to town; i'd love to see you!

Full of Grace said...

Hi,
I actually came along from the blog party, and I'm glad I did...We have a few things in common
1. I have a terribly goofy hubby too!
2. We both have little ones, although yours sounds a bit littler than mine..
3. you have one baby in heaven- I have 4, maybe they've met by now :)

Anyhow, thanks for letting me visit your blog, and God Bless!