Thursday, March 01, 2007

word study:

dictionary.com definitions:
slothful–adjective sluggardly; indolent; lazy.

lazy – adjective
1.averse or disinclined to work, activity, or exertion; indolent.
2.causing idleness or indolence: a hot, lazy afternoon.
3.slow-moving; sluggish: a lazy stream.
4.(of a livestock brand) placed on its side instead of upright.
–verb (used without object)
5.to laze.

diligent- –adjective
1.constant in effort to accomplish something; attentive and persistent in doing anything: a diligent student.
2.done or pursued with persevering attention; painstaking: a diligent search of the files.

An online search of the Bible found:
* 29 verses containing the word
diligent
* 5 verses containing the word
slothful
* 1 verse with the term
lazy.


More thoughts on this to come, but I'd better get off my bum and do something...
****

Isn't it interesting that the positive word of the 3 has far more references than the other 2? I still need to read and study all the verses, but that stood out at me when I viewed the search results.

Good night, everyone!

1 comment:

crt said...

mad and i just quoted one of them together. pr 4:24? guard you heart with all diligence...