Tuesday, March 13, 2007

worthwhile causes...

FREE BOOKS FOR KIDS!
I think I mentioned that I had enrolled Baby-bear in the "Books from Birth" program a while back. Well, every month since then, she has received a FREE book in the mail. These books are hardcover, some are board books, all of them have been high-quality and age-appropriate. My neighbor Gina has 2 girls enrolled in the program, and says they don't duplicate titles, except for the "kick-off" story. Dolly Parton founded her Imagination Library in rural East Tennessee, and since then the program has spread. "Books from Birth" is the name it goes by in Tennessee, and thanks to this program, my daughter will have a pretty full library by the time she is 5 years old (unless we move somewhere where this isn't available).

If your children (under age 5) are not enrolled, visit the Imagination Library website to see if it's available in your area.


"Tampontification"
FREE TAMPONS FOR WOMEN IN NEED
Ok, tampons are not really a popular topic. But Caslon's best friend in WI sent me an e-mail to this link, and I thought I would share. The whole website is quite interesting... some may find it a little "crunchy", but it's worth perusing. And with the click of a button, you can show your support for having feminine hygiene products donated to women's shelters.

No comments: