Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Toddler time...

I've been reading some other mom's posts today, and after this post I WILL get offline. Baby-bear naps, and I must say the laptop is like a Siren beckoning to me... I did begin reading through Proverbs a little earlier, and think that is a very good place to get back into the Word.

Anyway, I just wanted to share something I found, and perhaps open up some conversation based on a blog I just read. The author of the blog "So Many Joys" shares some TV-Free Toddler Activities for her Works-for-Me Wednesday entry.

Baby Bear loves following me while I work on laundry, putting pop cans in the fridge, and today she put her new baby wipes into the cabinet of her dresser for storage. She would rather tear blocks down than stack them up, but at least she has fun doing it.

What are some of your favorite TV-Free activities? I've found myself getting into a TV-rut with Baby Bear's new videos (she loves Blue's Room). She is starting to enjoy coloring, but she has yet to learn that she can't color everything she wants. If you don't have toddlers (i.e. they are grown or you aren't "there" yet), what are some things you used to do with your kids or you have seen others do that you plan to implement with your kids?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Play outside.

crt said...

reading, play dough, sand, paint, dirt, flour, shaving cream, nearly anything can be an "experiment"
lots of fun and mess too.

crt said...

almost forgot about the bubbles

Lauren said...

can't forget bubbles. Baby bear loves them. Did I tell you guys she tried to eat them as they came out of the bubble machine in her nursery room on Sunday?

I used to be allergic to play dough... no joke. Not sure if I want to go there just yet. The smell still makes me gag.

crt said...

try making your own. maybe the smell wouldn't be as strong. i'm not sure, but maybe.