Have you read John 17 lately?
This passage reveals the prayer that Jesus prayed just before Judas betrayed him. In the past, I have been drawn to his prayer for unity of those who believe in Him. He refers to the disciples as gifts from the Father to Himself, and prays for those who will believe on Him through their word.
Does that mean He considers us gifts from the Father, too?
All my life I have been taught that Jesus was God's gift to us. (John 3:16 makes that perfectly clear.) Until yesterday, I have never thought that perhaps Jesus considered those who believe in Him to be gifts, too. Wow.
2 comments:
My Dad spoke on that at church JUST yesterday! You can go here: http://www.christfellowship.com/audio_library.htm and listen to the March 18 study ... it was pretty amazing stuff.
Very cool. :-) I will have to listen.
Post a Comment