Tuesday, June 05, 2007

my green babies' update & garden theology-

yes, i post about my flowers a lot. more than my daughter, even. i admit, they have become a bit of an obsession. i was going to save these for tomorrow's Wordless Wednesday, but some of them were actually taken today, and i am amazed by the details God puts into His creation. the gladiola "braid" will probably look different tomorrow, it's amazing how plants change behind our backs!

i can't help but wonder.... before the fall, were Adam and Eve just there to watch and enjoy? are weeds and plants' struggles to survive an effect the fall had on creation? God said what He made was good.... was all of nature in balance by divine providence. if it was, what did His people actually do before the fall required weeding and watering to help plants flourish? i like to think that He created everything good, and that included the need for tending and work. otherwise, what responsiblity would Adam and Eve have had? i wonder what digging into the Word would uncover about this...

anyway, here are my photos...


"Flou-flou"- yes, I am aware callas are poisonous. I don't let her play with them unsupervised. she actually dug these out of the trash; they are very green on the outside, so i threw them away. i think she was trying to tell me they are still beautiful. or she's just plain curious.

my most beautiful "flower" discovers sidewalk chalk

firecracker gladiola leaves- the braiding must be where the blooms will come out?

"mystery plant" from a lady from tech Mom's church

my callas- before I cut some for my mantle

1 young, 3 old

calla reflection

getting old... but still beautiful

i also have some tiny green beans on my plants out back. my camera batteries died, so i guess photos of them will come later.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty pictures. have fun in the garden

FarmWife said...

Beautiful pictures. I love the one of BabyBear & the "trash flowers." My kids could never stand to see flowers in the trash no matter how wilted they were.

I've always thought most weeds were just homless flowers...I love the wild things that pop up around here. I have some viola's coming up amongst my Hostas...they were a surprise.

Lauren said...

I've heard viola's can be perennials. At least, that's what the seedpackets say on them! Glad some popped up for you!!!

Ah, I don't consider watering fun, but if I didn't water I'd get depressed when my plants shrivel up and die. So water and feed them, I do.

Shawn said...

Those are so beautiful! So is your daughter. Thanks for visiting my site. I haven't read that book, "The Letter Box." Surprising. I'll have to look it up. Thanks.

crt said...

pastor randy has been preaching on genesis for a while. you would probably enjoy the sermons. hamiltonhills.org.

Caslon said...

these are beautiful Lauren!
I got another bloom on my calla and looks like I may get a third. They are so pretty and I like how they get darker with age - it's prettier than wilting and dying like other blooms.

Lauren said...

They do mature nicely. The ones Bear is holding don't look as green in the pic as I thought they did in person. I'll be glad to share some of mine with you if I can figure out how to split them properly without hurting them.

I have at least 2 more blooms on the way... I think that will make the total count 11 so far.

If I studied my house as much as I study my flowers, I would get disgusted and do something about the inside... pretty flowers are so much easier to study than a mess!