Photos from my parents' yard...
...after meeting some good friends for lunch, Baby Bear and I went over to visit my parents. I thought I would share some photos which may explain why I'm not scared to experiment in the yard. Over the years, I've watched Mom and Dad plant things, tend their gardens, and seen plants grow and die. They don't fret over one plant that doesn't make it, heck at that point there's not reason to because there are plenty of others. When we moved into this house over a dozen years ago, the yard was nothing more than a straw covered field. Now it's a bit different...
The water garden:
where's my food?
Terrestrial:
Look what landed on my shoulder
(and bit me through my sleeve as a took this photo for my older nieces)
Busy bee on the echinacea (coneflower)
one of the flower beds...
I actually took all of these photos with my old camera... my 8+ year old camera that used to be my Dad's digital camera. I guess for Wordless Wednesday, I'll have to direct people to this post this week.
5 comments:
It sounds like you had a beautiful day --your pictures are beautiful as well!
I like the flower in the bee picture..What kind of bug is that on your shoulder?
I think it's a horse fly.
What a cool place to relax and have fun! Thanks for sharing!
thanks for the picts. i'm sure the girls appreciate your sacrifice. :-)
Post a Comment