Tuesday, April 01, 2008

gender prediction fun

pendant test:
1st try- swung back and forth= boy
2nd & 3rd tries- swung in circle= girl
I held my mustard seed marble necklace by the clasp and dangled it above my belly. I tried to hold it the exact same way each time.

Chinese calendar gender prediction: girl (a couple of days later would have been boy)

older sibling's prediction as of today:
me: "Is the baby in Mommy's belly a boy or girl?"
Bear: "Boy or girl."
me: "Which is it... are you going to have a brother or a sister?"
Bear: "sister."

blog poll
boy- 37% (12 votes, including mine)
girl- 62% (20 votes)

2-D Ultrasound at OB/Gyn office:

full profile with knees bent and right hand up by face

the goods- way different than what we saw at bear's u/s

"I'm doing great in here, mom!" (baby boy waves at us)
*******

I am breathing many sighs of relief tonight. Apparently the placenta is in front, cushioning me from our little guy's jabs and kicks. I think it was in the same position with Bear, too. We saw plenty of them this afternoon... he is definitely alive and kickin'. The tech said everything looked good. I guess if she saw something alarming, she would have to call the doc in. He was moving around, waving his arms and legs to cast shadows over in-opportune places... but our tech was able to get all the shots she needed to, and there was no mistaking the extra "limb" that we did not see 3 years ago at Bear's ultrasound. Or else God is playing a really good April fool's joke on us. His weight estimate is about 11 oz., heartbeat was around 136 bpm, and his estimated arrival date is 8/20. He's the first grandson on both sides. (Unless what we thought was an extra part was really the umbilical cord all bunched up just in the wrong spot. )

We're excited. We think we have a name picked out, but we reserve the right to change our minds so I'm not posting it yet. It is something that Bear can pronounce and she sounds so sweet saying it. Of course, we would have been excited either way, but I had a hunch this one might be a boy (I even cast one of the boy votes in the poll.) This pregnancy started out SO different, and I know that's not a definite indication, but I couldn't help but guess... even though I did have a girl's name I was growing more and more fond of.

Thanks for all your prayers... I'll post the winner of my drawing tonight or tomorrow.

11 comments:

Kristi said...

I've been checking back all day, paying no attention to the time difference and praying that all is well!

Samantha said...

Boy oh boy... it's a boy! Yeah!

Maria said...

woohoo I was right!!!!!

Kristi said...

Awwww! YAY! (I was right too!) I'm so very excited for you! (((hugs))) I bet it's super nice to have this part behind you!

Grace said...

Congrats! Boys are fun!

Holly said...

Yahoo!! You will have so much fun with your little boy!

I am in love with the thumbs up picture. What a great capture by the u/s tech.

The Arteagas said...

Congratulations! Just love the ultrasound photos - they bring back lots of wonderful memories! It's so exciting! I'm very happy for you guys. We love our little boy - I'm sure we would have loved a girl too, but we like boys too and are sure that you will love yours! Bear will probably love being a big sister! Glad to hear all is going well too!

Pfingston said...

Congradulations!!!
Woo Hoo!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Congrats! :)

Sara said...

Yay! I love the shots you got of your little guy.

Mommy to 4 little people said...

Yea!!! I was right I guessed boy! So glad for you guys! Boys are wonderful! There is NOTHING in this world like the way a little boy loves his mommy. You will be so surprised at the difference in this little life. Each child is so different from the last so I am really excited for you guys on your new journey into being the parents of more than one :)