Wednesday, August 13, 2008

39 week funk

Yep, that's how I feel today. I've been up since 3:30, wide awake for no reason. No contractions, so don't get your hopes up. Although I did have a couple of pretty good Braxton Hicks yesterday afternoon.

When I created the poll in the sidebar, I did not realize there's a full moon this weekend. Apparently my parents' friends think Little Guy will come on Saturday if he has not pushed his way out before then.

Right now, I just want sleep.

4 comments:

happymcfamily said...

Count Brett's mom as another full moon believer :)

Lauren said...

What is it with all the superstitious old people? Just kidding. Sort of. Actually, it kind of makes sense, if you count the amniotic fluid as a mini ocean, and think of its movement like the tides. Crazy, but still somewhat logical.

Not that I am betting my money on it.

Shell said...

Okay so I didn't read the words I just saw you holding a baby. And I about screamed. But not this time. Soon he will make his appearance.

happymcfamily said...

I do think there is some science involved and not solely superstition. I mean, think about how much pressure you can feel changing in your head with high and low pressure weather systems. I know they make me feel and act differently. Well, (although I couldn't give you all the scientific terminology), seeing as how the moon has an effect on the Earth's gravity and all, it doesn't surprise me that statistically speaking, people come into the emergency room due to wackier things than normal more so on full moons than not. And it wouldn't surprise me if that gravitational effect "pulled" the baby out either :p
So since Hannah came out when it was "convenient" for me last time, I will let Brandon know that tomorrow afternoon/evening or Saturday AFTER Graham's birthday party are both good times for me ;)