Just for kicks... and in case I get desperate.
What natural labor-inducers have any of you tried that worked? Castor oil is out of the question, don't even bother suggesting that. I'm thinking more along the lines of foods, something that might actually provide nourishment for me and baby (and preferably taste good). Walking and assorted household chores are apparently not going to work. Of course, Doc says they are all wives tales, etc... but I figure what's the harm in trying (some of them, at least).
11 comments:
I've been told the combo of pizza, walking and hanky panky is supposed to work.
I think I had chinese food the night before, but I'm sure that was just coincidence.
So there are two food choices for you: pizza or chinese :)
Someone else also mentioned raspberry leaf tea.
Just do it...that was advice I got from my doctor. Spicy foods and long walks.
My doctor said that "just doing it" and/or "hanky panky" are actually supposed to help too. Our doctor said that there is something in sperm that helps thin the lining of the cervix... I think that was his explanation, but it has been awhile.
I've also heard that eating lots of beans helps, but I'm sure that is an old wives' tale.
The beans help because it get the bowels going and that irritates the uterus.
And YES it is the semen that softens the cervix.
I know you said not to mention it, but coincidence or not, I gave it (the c.o.) a shot at lunchtime on the day my son was born. Drank the c.o. at noon, got off work @ 3, went to the hosptial @ 4, baby born @ 8:06pm. And he was 3 weeks early! :) That's all I got--but I'm LOVIN' these updates (almost like I know you or somethin') :) Good luck! Hope you find something that works...SOON! ;D
I read that in some countries--massaging the duct part of the nipple outward actually works--it has something to do with the hormone release--try googling it and see what you find out--you may delete this if you want!!
My mom, the doula and natural childbirth instructor, says sex helps it along!
I googled it and it said to check with your practioner first as it can bring long uterine contractions--I saw it is Yahoo answers!! I am referring to the massage
I coinsidently climbed LOTS of stairs b/4 both of mine were born. 10 Flights w/ Luke b/c a friend who was 2 weeks ahead of me wanted to have hers that night!!! and I moved all of my kitchen back into the kitchen b/c of a never ending remodel... the night b/4 Sarah. Luke was 2 weeks early and Sarh was 1 weeks early.
I also made about 7 strawberry pies the day before Luke was born. If you want the recipe just let me know:) Also....this sounds crazy but it feels sooooo good....get down on all fours with your belly hanging down...have your hubby come behind you and pull your hip bones up and back. I think this helped open things up plus it REALLY takes pressure off. I know this is TMI but you ask for it!!!!
I'm amused. We tested the spicy food theory tonight. I/we have tested the non-food theories, too... This baby does not want to come out. Oh, and the raspberry leaf tea... well, raspberry zinger, that's the closest I could find without driving to cool springs. It has raspberry leaf in it and hibiscus, which is in a 9 months tea I found on some natural site...
I think the only thing besides Castor Oil (well, and 12 flights of stairs, but I do go up our steps that many times a day) that I have not tried is evening primrose oil.
C'mon chimichangas, start workin. I think little guy has hiccups tonight.
Post a Comment