another addiction...
i've been reminded why i don't read often enough. i get addicted to it. i began reading "the secret life of bees" by sue monk kidd two nights ago. someone recommended it to me a couple of years back, and when i got to tech mom's house, she still had caslon's copy in her possession. i've almost finished it, and it really is a fascinating tale about a girl running from her past, longing to know her mother, and relationships. the language is very real, which might offend some people. however, i do believe it adds to the authenticity of the character as well as the time period. i will finish the book tonight, before we leave tomorrow.
6 comments:
That is the most amazing book!! I read it in about 48 hours too! My mother has bought and given that book over and over!! It is so real, sad, and full of hope all at the same time!! I think it may read it again come to think of it!! Thanks!!
Oh yah, by the way... shit buckets!! LOL Forgive me, but that's the best one in the book!!
I love that book. I think Art recomended/loaned it to me. Now I want to read it again...after I finish Jane Eyre...for the 4th or 5th time.
ah, now that's a classic i can't remember reading. pathetic, i know!
YOU HAVE NEVER READ JANE EYRE?!?!?! OMG, I have totally lost faith in you! ;-)
ha... notice i said i can't remember. i think i have, but it's been so long!
Post a Comment