You think it's a small world?
So is the blogosphere!
I was blog-surfing last week, and came across the blog of someone who I've met at my parents' church. Her blog reminds me of Zann & Farmwife & the Nudge-Nudge gang. She is an avid scrapbooker and is journaling this Christmas season and sharing her work on her blog. If she gives me permission, I'll post a link. I might even get inspired enough to pick up where I left off on baby bear's book.
So, my question for you, my blogging buddies is...
how do you capture memories from your kids' childhood and preserve them? Are you like me, collecting them digitally, trying to make sure my date setting is correct on my camera so I remember when they were taken, but not getting them printed often enough. Are you a scrapping queen, a junkie of any particular scrapbook brand, or a bargain supply hunter (if you do that, what are your secrets for saving money... hubby wants me to know!) Do you have a system in place or just tackle it in the late nights and early mornings, reminiscent of all-nighters from the college days, like a dear member of my family does when she has a project she is working on?
Lately, the blog has been my digital scrapbook. I have the same 2 1/2 pages of her actual book completed that I did 3 months ago. Perhaps there is a tad bit of hidden perfectionist in me, one that doesn't want to do it unless I can do it "right". But if I wait for perfection, it'll never get done. as That Grace says on her Random-Grace blog... "what's the point in perfect?"
2 comments:
Personally I love to scrapbook, it's fun, it's satisfying, and it can really be a bonding experience when done with other people. That said, our oldest is nine years old and I've done a total of about 5 pages. There are a few reasons for this... it's expensive, it takes up alot of space when working, it's expensive, it's messy, it's expensive, it's very time consuming, and oh yah, did I mention, it's expensive.
My current system is simple. I buy those photo albums that have a journaling place on the page next to the pictures. As we develop them, I simply pop them in and write the month, year, and children's names and ages next to them. If there's something particulary poignant about it, I write it, if not I leave it alone. In the front of each album I write the names of each person, first and last in that album. First and last is so that if my great-great-great-great grandchildren, nieces, nephews, cousins are looking at them some day, they'll have a better idea who they are. After my grandma died last year, we were looking at all of her pictures and we couldn't figure out who some of them were. I don't want that to happen. Also, since we move around so much, I try to detail in the covers where we were living during those years.
very good system! i like it!
Post a Comment