icebreaker
This is for all of us... since there are a few new faces around here, I thought I would try to come up with a little get-to-know you survey. I could go to blogthings and find something, but let's just see what crosses my wandering mind today...
1) Is your blog identity a pseudonym or part of your real name?
My name. at first i went by a wandering heart, that was too long. ren reminds me too much of ren and stimpy, which i never really got into. I couldn't come up with anything more creative, so I decided to just use my real name.
2) How many states have you lived in? 3 Countries? 1, but I spent a summer in Mexico as a summer missionary.
3) How long have you been blogging?
If old-fashioned bulletin board systems counted, I suppose I could say I did it in high school. But since BBS's were before the internet, I would have to say my sister in law introduced me to her blog last summer. An old friend from high school then told me about her blog, and I have met most of my "blogily" (blog family) through her. I initially started Baby Bear's blog, and then decided to make a personal one for myself, too.
4) If the internet completely disappeared, would you have to go through a blogger recovery program such as blogoholics anonymous (BA)?
I already founded a chapter a couple of months ago. Care to join me? Actually, I think I need to call it procrastiblogoholics anonymous.
5) When you aren't blogging, what are some of your hobbies?
Playing with my daughter, learning new signs to teach her, napping, reading (currently reading The Mommy Manual by Barbara Curtis- still), listening to music, spending time with hubby, talking to friends on the phone or online. I'd like to say scrapbooking, but I only have 3 pages done... and I've been working on the book for at least 3 months.
6) How many languages do you speak? 1 1/2: English & some Spanish. I don't speak toddler, but I am currently enrolled in a course called "Interpretation of Toddler Sounds".
7) Favorite vacation spot? hmmm. anywhere relaxing, preferrably with either a beach and.or mountains nearby. I am really looking forward to Gulf Shores this summer!
8) What is your life verse, quote, or theme?
Ideally: Phil 4:13- I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
Honestly: It can be done, it should be done, it shall be done... tomorrow.
9) What is the hardest job you have ever had? Teaching high school Spanish, I'm sure parenting will take over that title in a few years.
10) What is the most rewarding role you have had in life? Being married to hubby, being a stay at home mommy.
Feel free to pick and choose... answer just 1 or all, whatever suits you.
I look forward to getting to know all of you better!!!
5 comments:
Hi Lauren! saw your comment over at my party, glad you stopped by! Yes, indeed- when you are visiting in Los Angeles I would love to meet you, we could meet for lunch or coffee or whatever...I am in Orange County, close to Disneyland. Drop me an email when you are going to be in the area. I would love to mirl (meet in real life) a blogging friend!
like your post here, we did sign language with all our kids- and it still comes in handy, like signing "stop!" right before your 7 year old boy goes to man-handle food on a table across the room from you, or reminding a kid to say thankyou, without anyone hearing you prompt them.
have a great weekend!
Greetings from another Lauren! Nice to meet you!
I love Phil. 4:13 too! It's the one verse that really sparks me into action when I feel like I can't do something.
Nice to meet you!
Very cool, Girlfriend. I did it too...thinking about putting the link in my side bar too...
Swinging in for the party!!! Nice meeting ya.
My second party favor give-away has begun. When ya get a chance come on over and let's party!!!
Post a Comment