oh, what a night...
when i peeked at baby bear before going to bed last night, she immediately awoke and wanted me to hold her. so, we rocked in the wonderful rocker that tech mom and audit guy brought over, and she fell fast asleep. around 11:30, hubby carried her back to her crib.
2 a.m. - the sound of an angry cry woke me through the baby monitor. upon peeking into the nursery, i saw baby bear's leg sticking out between crib slats. i gently removed her thigh and leg from between the wood, then rocked with her for a few minutes.
3:30-ish- another painful cry through the monitor. this is abnormal. my baby is usually an angel baby when it comes to sleeping at night. "it's your turn." i told hubby. he groggily went to check on her, and picked her up. a few minutes later, i heard him call, "i need your help. bring a towel." baby bear puked on him twice. apparently the canteloupe she had at supper was a little too old and did not settle well. either that or she is suddenly developing an egg allergy. (we had breakfast for supper last night.) thankfully, most of the chunks were caught on bear's clothes, blanket and hubby's shirt. (he wasn't particularly thankful for that). we moved her into the bathroom, removed her clothes, and he started the bathwater. i tackled the laundry, dumping as much of the solid matter as possible into the trash and setting the washer to the "ultra clean" cycle. hubby took his shower and i took over bath duty, and baby bear was happy as a clam. wet as one, too. thankfully, by the time her bath was over, she did not smell like one. (though i like to eat cooked clams, the smell of one fresh out of the bay is not very appetizing to me. having been squirt in the face by many a clam, i cringe at the thought of being peed on by a clam. even if the clam's pee is just ocean water. and not the sonic kind of ocean water. ok... anyway... back to the story.)
around 5 a.m., i put baby bear back in her crib and turned on her lullaby cd. she slept til a little after 8, and played until 8:30.
all seems well today. hubby mowed the lawn, and it looks really good. the aeration/seeding experiment from last fall seems to have succeeded. baby bear is in relatively good spirits... napping as i type. the weather is beautiful... sunny, breezy, seventies... can't ask for better!
ginger-garlic-chicken is in the crockpot, and i may add some canned pineapple and fresh snap peas later.
8 comments:
Ewww. Sounds like our last few days right there. Hope you are coming down with the stomach bug!
not fun...
hope she does better tonight.
the bug is going around here too.
it a good thing your hubby was off today so you all could recuperate!! We hope tonight is a better night of sleep for everyone!!
we've had a great day today. played at the park, went for a good walk. i think it was something she ate that bothered her.
You and your hubby are so lucky that you are there for each other "in sickness and in health." I bet you never had visions of a puking baby bear when you were taking those vows.
-Cate
How I remember nights like that, Lauren. In my case, I had to go to work just about dead tired. Hope she's all over it now.
Good luck with the Dyson contest. I plan to enter, too, because who on earth doesn't want a Dyson, but not to worry. I really want YOU to win. LOL
I had no idea you'd done a post about my burp cloth post. You'd have fun making them. I swear, they're a great way to learn to sew.
Thank you for stopping by my place. Hope you visit again soon. And really, good luck with the Dyson contest. :-) Now I'm going to feel REALLY bad if I win it. LOL
Nan/Cate- Thankfully he had knew I would be the "sickness" part and he would keep the "health" part since I have a tendency for bronchitis and other health issues. :-) And he grew up in a farming community with lots of kids. Plus, he was raised well. One of the first things I noticed about him after we met was how much he truly seemed to love his Mom and Sister. Not that he didn't pick on his sister, but I have a brother and can tell the difference between healthy brotherly torment and unhealthy abuse. It's good to see you around here :-)
Barb- Thanks for coming by! We just go about life dead broke since I am not working outside the house. Looking into/considering options, which I may post about soon... but not sure I can bear to put Baby Bear in daycare/preschool every day, even if it is half days. Nah, don't feel bad about entering- go for it! My Eureka "Boss" vacuum works great, it's just hard to vacuum the stairs well with it.. it's just a little bulky and the wand isn't quite long enough to do the whole thing. But it has attachments so I can get the blinds, furniture, baseboards... things my Oreck couldn't do, even though it weighed just 8 lbs.
My next door neighbor is having a little boy... I may have to find some baseball fabric to make the burp clothes more boy-ish and go with their nursery theme. But then again, they are perfectionists (wish they would clean my house for me lol), so I will be super critical of my work and don't know if I should experiment on them!
Post a Comment