Merry CHRISTmas to all!
We're having a wonderful time at TechMom and Dad's. I'll be posting photos on the other blog soon hopefully tonight. (Assuming blogger will cooperate.)
I've logged on and stopped by some of my friends' blogs, but the cat must have gotten my tongue. Sometimes, in real life, I like to just sit back and relax and observe. I guess that trait is coming out online, too.
Our family took up a pew in church yesterday morning. Monarch did well, but she conveniently had to use the restroom about the time the sermon began. (Purple Princess and Baby Bear had classes, but there was no children's church for the older ones.) We had very few large family gatherings ar Christmas growing up, especially after the closest cousins moved from PA to the Cape. I do have faint memories of playing in the snow at their house, with our Bichon, Gabriel, and Sheba, my cousins' dog. I remember their Christmas tree set up on the foyer of their home, and the narrow stairway that seemed like a secret passage up to the 3rd floor. After those cousins moved further away, we stayed home for all the Christmases that I can remember.
So, to be near family and have Baby Bear playing with her cousins, while her Great-Gramma watches from her chair with a quiet joy.... well, it's comfort. Baby bear attended her 1st Candlelight service with us. It was also Great-Gramma's first-ever Candlelight service. She marched right up to the very front of the large sanctuary and she and Tech Mom found seats up close. The rest of us sat near the back, which proved wise when Baby Bear became restless about halfway through. She and I went to the back foyer, where she calmed down and I was still able to enjoy the carols. We also had the pleasure of watching candles being lit one-by-one across the room, which held hundreds of people. The sight was simultaneously breathtaking and heartwarming.
Opening gifts was an adventure, as would be expected. The "littles" went first, Baby Bear was assisted by Monarch and myself. Hubby did his fatherly duty of untwisting all the annoying twisty ties that secure the toys in their boxes. Great-Gramma complained as the stack of gifts in front of her grew, but as she opened her presents, her face glowed.
It's been a wonderful weekend for us. I hope all of you have made treasured memories with your loved ones, too.
I've logged on and stopped by some of my friends' blogs, but the cat must have gotten my tongue. Sometimes, in real life, I like to just sit back and relax and observe. I guess that trait is coming out online, too.
Our family took up a pew in church yesterday morning. Monarch did well, but she conveniently had to use the restroom about the time the sermon began. (Purple Princess and Baby Bear had classes, but there was no children's church for the older ones.) We had very few large family gatherings ar Christmas growing up, especially after the closest cousins moved from PA to the Cape. I do have faint memories of playing in the snow at their house, with our Bichon, Gabriel, and Sheba, my cousins' dog. I remember their Christmas tree set up on the foyer of their home, and the narrow stairway that seemed like a secret passage up to the 3rd floor. After those cousins moved further away, we stayed home for all the Christmases that I can remember.
So, to be near family and have Baby Bear playing with her cousins, while her Great-Gramma watches from her chair with a quiet joy.... well, it's comfort. Baby bear attended her 1st Candlelight service with us. It was also Great-Gramma's first-ever Candlelight service. She marched right up to the very front of the large sanctuary and she and Tech Mom found seats up close. The rest of us sat near the back, which proved wise when Baby Bear became restless about halfway through. She and I went to the back foyer, where she calmed down and I was still able to enjoy the carols. We also had the pleasure of watching candles being lit one-by-one across the room, which held hundreds of people. The sight was simultaneously breathtaking and heartwarming.
Opening gifts was an adventure, as would be expected. The "littles" went first, Baby Bear was assisted by Monarch and myself. Hubby did his fatherly duty of untwisting all the annoying twisty ties that secure the toys in their boxes. Great-Gramma complained as the stack of gifts in front of her grew, but as she opened her presents, her face glowed.
It's been a wonderful weekend for us. I hope all of you have made treasured memories with your loved ones, too.
1 comment:
Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment