popcorn
growing up, my dad made the best popcorn. we had a popper that consisted of a base with an electrical coil in it and a kettle/bowl with a handle and lid. a little oil, salt, pepper and garlic, and popcorn kernels... a few minutes later, we would top it off with melted butter. yum.
these days i don't own a popcorn popper. if i did, i think i'd want the old fashioned kind that you put on the stove top and crank to keep the kernels from sticking. there's just something about "kettle-popped" corn that tastes better. i've been munching on the mini- bags lately. but even though the bag works just fine, i always have to pour my popcorn into a bowl. for some reason, it just tastes better that way. oh, and tonight i munched on some of those divine chocolates that i mentioned a few days ago right along with the popcorn. double yum.
5 comments:
Give me Kettle corn or give me nothing...yes it is a little pain to make the carmel but oh the buttery carmal taste is almost as good as chocolate.
Popcorn popped in a pan was the very first thing I learned to cook as a child. I miss it. But kernals to pop like that are more expensive and more time consuming than buying the microwavable bags.
Mmm chocholate and popcorn. You are making me hungry.
i'm glad to know i'm not crazy for recognizing the difference. :-)
i also remember stringing the kernels onto thread and hanging them on some of our trees for the birds.
I remember with fondness popcorn cooked on the stove--and an aunt used to put butter, a little salt and powered sugar on it and I thought it was the best!! I begged my mom to put powered sugar on ours once in a while!
now that's different... powdered sugar.... hmmm. i'll have to try it sometime.
Post a Comment