Thursday, March 01, 2007

Getting back to normal...

I guess I am thankful that my body is exhibiting signs of returning to normal cycles in just 1 month. The nausea and other symptoms are no fun, but it's nice to not have to wonder. Those symptoms can mean cycle or pregnancy, which drives me crazy when I end up waiting... especially after what happened last month. I really need to read the book Taking Charge of Your Fertility... I wonder if the library has it. I am not quite ready to get back on the pill or other chemical bc. But right now the idea of getting pregnant again is a little scary. I have friends who I like to think God has given me partially to show how He provides and blesses with kids when we don't think we can afford them, but I have to admit that our faith is so weak in that area. However, since we do want more children, I would rather leave it up to God and take another pregnancy as a sign that He will take care of us and provide for all our needs. Not to mention the physical side effects. Really, while we may say that we are just being "responsible" by not having more kids if we aren't "prepared", what does it say about our faith in a sovereign God to provide? I'm just thinking in print here. This is something that is a personal decision for every couple, and reasons for or against avoiding pregnancy can be debated. But that's not my intention. I'm just thinking...

I think I'll go shower before baby bear wakes up from her nap. She'll be hungry and angry, as she's been down for quite a while now. 2 hours. Growth spurt or fighting something? Hopeful the growth spurt.

8 comments:

crt said...

the beautiful thing is that is God wants you to have another child, you will have one. no matter what you are doing to avoid it; it's out of your control.

Lauren said...

True. So why bother avoiding, then? That's the view I'm leaning toward. :-)

crt said...

that's between you and God ( and of course j-man.) there's no one answer out there. it's a little vangeld. for me though. God gave scientists the brains to figure this out for a reason. he gave us the ability to reason.

Lauren said...

thanks, vangeld... i appreciate that. i've always wanted to be one of them. really...

Anonymous said...

Sweety, I have faith that you will find the answers you seek soon. Hugs and keep safe. I saw the news from back there. Too scarey for me.

crt said...

thought you would get a chuckle

Grace said...

If you wait until YOU think it's time, it may never happen. Just relax in God and be happy with or without another little one for now. God's timing is perfect. I didn't exactly think so when I got preg. with D.K. when Prophet was 10 months old, but as it turns out, it was perfect. They are best-friends.

zann said...

I have TCOYF if you would like to read it. I just finished it. It will help you better understand your body and know what are and what aren't symptoms. I completely relate to your struggle. We struggle with it often. I'm an admitted reforming control freak. God is still working on me in that area. But I'm trying my best to trust and just rest in Him.