Good things.. mostly
We went to a good friend's birthday party tonight. It was hosted by her Mom, who is normally an introvert. Another friend brought her kids, and Hannah idolized the little girl, who is 7.
This week has been hard for me to focus on what's great about my life. PMS always does that to a certain extent, even with meds. But it was also a week when I mourned what almost was. But God had other plans.
Watching my daughter run around with a huge smile on her face reminded me that life is good. Very good. Her vocabulary and other expressions grow exponentially, or so it seems. She is so affectionate, loves giving hugs and kisses to anyone and everything if she is permitted. No more than 10 seconds after meeting her new friend tonight, she wrapped her arms around her and planted a kiss on her cheek. Her name means "Grace of God or merciful" and her middle name means "bright and spirited or light". I think God named her, not us. If she thinks one of us is in pain, she immediately shows concern. She is full of life. This week, she told us she wants a brother. Lord willing, she will have one someday. But from now on, when I start missing the baby I never got to meet, I'm going to cherish the child I have with me here on earth.
5 comments:
I'll be praying you thru this!
A beautiful post. I pray you'll be able to focus on your Baby Bear when things look dark.
Bless you.
Awww *big hug*
How is it that we sometimes run so parallel to one another? I feel ya, I'm thinking about you, and I also thank you.
((hugs)) to your from the ^^^mountains^^^
I'm sending happy thoughts and prayers your way.
Post a Comment