teamwork
Hubby and I spent a couple of hours doing yardwork. We began while bear took her nap, which helped us focus. He worked on raking the hillside, removing the netting and excess straw where the developers laid seed because at this point it was choking any more growth. He also raked up the netting along the sidewalk, uncovering a bunch of rocks and trash left behind by the construction crew. No shock there. While he tackled that project, I grabbed the hedge trimmers and whacked the straggly branches off all the shrubs. There is something therapeutic about whacking shrubs. The whacking is followed by more thoughtful shaping. I'm no professional landscape designer, but trimming shrubs is not worth paying someone to do.
When Baby Bear awoke, I gave her the little rake so she could "help". She raked the grass on the hillside, and then she helped me rake up the trimmings. She also obeyed when I told her not to pick the mums. She did pick a "black susan", but at least the Mums are finally getting more than a single bud on them at a time. She also helped me water the mums. They should look pretty soon. Now she is watching her "Talking Hands" DVD, saying the words and copying the signs. It's funny how the simplest things sometimes keep her attention better than other more complex videos.
Hope y'all are having a good weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment