poll results
Thanks to those of you who participated. 11 of you have greater faith than I, and I hope you are right! Yes, I voted "no". I really have no idea how long it takes to grow cantaloupe from seed, so we'll see. We returned home from a weekend away to find a few of the leaves nibbled off (to the stem), but there also appear to be a couple of blossoms forming already. If this suffocating hot weather keeps up, then we will probably taste home-grown cantaloupe.
Final results:
11- YES, there will be edible fruit before the first freeze
4- NO, there won't. (There might be fruit, but it probably won't be ripe.)
Bear awoke from her afternoon nap asking for her cousins. And their pool. Apparently she forgot it took 6 hours to get there and 6 hours to come home.
2 comments:
I hope your cantalope ripen quickly!
#1 Son spent all summer asking to go swimming at the hotel we stayed at for Inkling & Henry David's wedding...3 hours away!
I've been out of the loop for a while, but I had to laugh at your last part of this post! Lately I've been getting declarations that we are going to the zoo or disneyland or some such thing . . .Yeah, right!
As for cantalope . . . missed the poll, but just as well . . .could't gauge growth for nothing, most my plant things die.
LOL
Post a Comment