Saturday, September 15, 2007

i (heart) facebook

I've just reconnected with someone from elementary school. Our families crosses paths in a couple of different churches, and we went to a private Christian school together for about 3 years.

Anyway, while most of the people on facebook are about 10 years younger than I, there is a growing segment in my age group who are reconnecting with people. And I am excited to discover that while I may have felt invisible growing up, there are a couple of people (at least) who do actually remember me.

I am learning that childhood growing pains have passed, and now as adults we have far more in common and are doing our best to parent the next generation. There are struggles (like pregnancy loss) which I would never wish upon anybody, but I am somehow comforted by the discovery that I am not alone, others have faced even more difficult circumstances, and God has given them faith to get through.

I am further convinced that God has plans for each of us, to give us hope and a future. Friends and acquaintances may come and go, and sometimes come back again, and He has a purpose in that. Our stories may appear dissimilar, but somehow we may cross paths again, for some reason. We may never know the reasons, either.

Coincidence is when God does something and we happen to notice.

No comments: