I've been thinking (a dangerous pastime, I know)...
Unfortunately, I will not be able to articulate all my ponderings, perhaps because I'm still trying to figure them out for myself.
I've become reacquainted with several people thanks to this thing called the internet. I have thoroughly enjoyed the fellowship, and feel blessed that many friendships have been rekindled over the past year. Thanks to our blogs or message boards, I have the honor of getting glimpses into their (your) lives.
At one point in my life, I was quick to debate differences in faith with anyone, and in college there were many people with whom I agreed to disagree. Now I find myself wondering what conversations are appropriate to initiate when I have seen glimpses which show me my beliefs and another person's are so very different.
I've always been pretty good at keeping people at an arm's length. I struggle to remember if an old friend was one who I just always kept at arm's length because of my shyness (or fear), or if we did actually engaged in debates so many years ago. I wonder which is more tiring... to engage in conversation when there will most likely be no resolution to the debate, or to just keep the arm out straight indefinitely?
1 comment:
really depends no so much on the subject but on the person . .
Myself, I find it more tiering to debate if there is likely to be no resolution.
Post a Comment