Tuesday, September 11, 2007

We had a great time. My friends are the best. I am still feeling under the weather, and they stepped right in, made themselves at home, and took care of pretty much all the meal prep, too.
Baby Bear loved having a Lhasa Apso AND a not-quite toddler too chase, hug, and attempt to feed snacks which they should not eat. She didn't realize her own strength on several occasions, and became quiet proficient at saying "Caroline". (sounds more like keh-oh-wine in toddlerese). I was pleased by how sweet she was toward her young friend, even if she did knock her down a couple of times. Thankfully, we trimmed Bear's claws, I mean finger nails, last night, so they were not dangerous.

Our (gas) grill has issues and the flame wouldn't work properly, in spite of having plenty of propane in the tank. Good thing Spunky Redhead actually knows how to broil burgers. I confess, I have lived here 4 years and NEVER used the broiling pan until today. I have broiled fish, but not burgers. She also brought the best fruit dip I've ever had- it has amaretto in it. Mmmmm...

No comments: