Thursday, September 06, 2007

What a family...

Bear's nose is running, my throat hurts, and hubby feels a bit under the weather, too.

I am grateful because Bear has been letting me sleep in until 7:30 this week.

Learning to crochet is going to take time (sigh). I have to keep telling myself the end result will be worth it. I love the handmade blankets we were given for Hannah (2 of them are crocheted), and sometimes when we use them I think about the person who gave it to us and say a quick prayer for them. There are so many skills which technology can't truly replace; something handmade has that extra personal touch that cannot be duplicated by a machine. Thanks, Ang & Nan, for your encouraging words.

4 comments:

Stephanie said...

My throat has started hurting a little this morning, too. I'm pretending it's not there so we'll see how long that lasts!

Unknown said...

Hope everyone feels better.
Good luck on learning to crochet,
it does get easier with practice! about.com has lots of good resources for crocheting and learning how.
If you run into any problems you can always join dreamsofdogwoods.com we have lots of good crocheters there who would be more than happy to give you some tip sand support!

Grace said...

My grandma taught me to crochet when I was about eight years old. I'd sit on the couch with her for hours while she crocheted blankets, dolls clothes, sweaters, booties, Christmas stockings, etc, and try to act just like her. I hadn't crocheted for years, but last year I picked up a hook and yard and tried it again. It was just like riding a bike, it came right back to me. You can do it... just keep practicing!

Lauren said...

Steph- I hope we can wish our sore throats away!

wilblg4yrn & grace- thanks. :-) right now the single crochet is enough to through me for a loop, but I think part of it is this skein is so old and has been played with so much, I really need to get a new one with yarn that hasn't been tortured by a toddler.