Wednesday, September 05, 2007

there's no excuse


i have a crochet hook
i have a skein of yarn
and now, thanks to my brother and sister-in-law, i have this:

plus, i have a neighbor who had offered to teach me. it appears as though i will have to wait til bear is sleeping to practice, though. she is currently tapping her leg with my hook and clutching the skein of yarn.

Who wants to learn with me? (Or help teach me, for that matter...)

3 comments:

Nan said...

Take heart! It's much easier than knitting at least!! :^D You can do it! I'll be your cheering section. In this instance, I would be worthless in writing... I would have to show you. Good that you have the cd rom! I had an old photocopied guide that my sister had gotten somewhere... it's a wonder I ever learned! I still have to reteach myself every time I make anything.

Anonymous said...

I like the cd rom's better and if I had questions I would google for crochet or knitting how to videos...That helped to watch over and over if need be.

Good Luck..You'll do great..

crt said...

my mom attempted to teach me when i was young, but alas i failed her - as did my sisters. none of us learned to sew, knit, bake or decorate a cake like her either. i think the problem was that she was trying to teach me, and we are way too much alike.
i agree that it is a worth while task. maybe one day i'll try again