I have posted a new poll in my sidebar. I don't know how to make sticky posts, so I just put my surveys in the sidebar. Anyway, I bought a couple of Mum plants last night and planted them this morning, with Baby Bear's help. (Help which required me to strip her down to her diaper before coming back inside. You know how neat a helpful toddler help is.) They are a deep red color, I think. One might be a little more magenta, but it was kind of hard to tell. It's in a pot, the others are planted in the flower bed, so it's ok if its' color is a little different. Bear picked off most of the blooms. I really need to teach her to stop picking all the flowers. At least with Mums, picking or dead-heading encourages fresh growth and re-blooming.


I also hope to buy some bulbs, extend my front flower bed, put a small bed around the base of the mailbox, and maybe do a flower bed in the back around our bedroom window. If hubby will help.
I have a few daffodil and crocus bulbs which I hope will bloom again in the spring, so now I am trying to decide which bulbs to plant. Heavenly hyacinths? Topsy tulips? More daffs? Decisions, decisions. Thankfully it's still a little early to plant bulbs here, so I have time to decide.
What are your favorite things to plant for Fall and for Spring preparation?
1 comment:
Sounds like you have been busy this morning. Josh planted grass seed in our backyardright before we got all of that rain, so our backyard of brown is now turning green! Too bad I didn't take before and after pics.
Post a Comment