Tuesday, September 11, 2007

hubby's gonna be way outnumbered...

3 of my friends from college (one i actually met in high school) will be here in a few minutes. One of them is in town from out of state, with her 10-month-old daughter, and belly-bean. (Can't wait to see her bump!) The two who live in-state are bringing all the side dishes, we are grilling some chicken, burgers, and hot dogs. Oh, and World's Best Teacher took the afternoon off from her students to come, and her white curly-haired puppy is coming, too. Ian is house-broken, and she felt bad about leaving him all alone because she's been gone so much lately. Ian (the dog) and hubby will be the only males present, as Army Chaplain (one hubby) is away for training (thus his wife's return home for a few weeks), and Spunky Red Head's hubby has to work.

Baby Bear is supposed to be napping, but I think I hear sounds of her playing echoing down the hallway. Figures.

Anyway, I have come to realize that I will never be Martha Stewart. The thought of guests, even old friends who are practically family, almost sends me into an anxiety attack. I realize that if I would discipline myself in home management, I would not get stressed. Anyway, thankfully, I have friends who don't mind my saying, "let's meet here, but you guys bring some of the food!"

3 comments:

FarmWife said...

I hope you enjoy your visit! And congrats on completing all your tackles! I've had similar juice & carpet problems.

Anonymous said...

yeah for the tackles..Friends don't judge you by your housekeeping skills..friends are friends because of your heart and soul.

Lauren said...

thank the Lord! and these friends know my faults and still love me. :-)