I was back to 100% by early this afternoon. I never got the fever or anything, which is a good thing. Very good thing. Ran up to the new superstore, returned the vacuum bags which were the wrong size, and picked up some goods for the week. Most importantly, carrots, celery and broth for our soup. If I actually cooked chickens with bones, I might have had some broth on hand in the freezer, but I didn't. I put in a little garlic, fresh-picked oregano, basil & thyme from the herb pot, and cheated on the carrots... I bought the pre-cut bagged "baby" carrots because I was not up to chopping and peeling carrots today.When I returned, I enlisted Baby Bear's help in dropping the Diet Mt. Dew cans into their drawer. She loves that chore. As I began to set my soup ingredients on the counter, Bear saw the carrots and grunted for some. Thinking she wanted some to eat, I sliced some lengthwise into chewable strips and put them into a snack cup for her. She immediately took the snack cup, lifted the lid to the 1 qt. saucepan she had on the floor, and dumped the carrots into her "pot." Maybe there is hope for me to teach my daughter a little domesticity. See her blog for the rest of the story.
After dinner, we went outside. Bear and I watched hubby mow the yard. (Note: I would have done it if I were allowed to, but that cliff is too steep.) He took periodic breaks and I made sure he had plenty of water. Bear and I also visited Sundae, the Jack Russell Terrier, and his owner, who was planting "flou-fuh" (flowers:petunias) in her flowerbeds. After the mowing and trimming were done, we finally spread the last bag of mulch over the flower bed, giving it a polished look until it fades back to the natural tone from its current medium brown.
Oh, I'm going to brag a little. Three more calla lily buds have appeared since last week, and the tallest of my 5 asiatics looks like it's budding on the tip. The Sweet William which Tech Mom brought from Gramma's farm is blooming, and the hostas and seedum are still alive. Perhaps I'll take some pics of my babies this week. I told hubby that since I can't have any more babies right now (at least, we aren't planning to try for bit longer), I'll just have to take care of ALL my babies. I'm sure he wishes I'd give the inside as much TLC as I give my flower bed. We'll get there...
Baby Bear has decided she HATES evening baths. I guess I'll have to try giving her morning baths. I bathed her while she was standing up and trying to climb out of the crib all by myself- hubby was watching the sprinkler water the flower bed for me. I do believe the terrible twos are beginning at almost 19 months. She was in bed by 7:20, which is becoming the norm now that she rarely takes an afternoon nap.
No comments:
Post a Comment