I wonder how long it takes for calla lily bulbs to spike after their initial planting?
I planted already grown plants last year, so this is a new thing for me. All my other bulbs have come through. I hope I didn't put them in the ground upside down! That would be just my luck. But hey, my pink lillies from last year have definitely multiplied, the glads are coming up nicely, and the asiatic lillies have popped through the mulch. Oh, and the snapdragons that I thought were frozen have come back nicely, which is a very good surprise! So I supposed if my lavender calla lillies don't come up it's no big deal. Or maybe they just take a little longer, and they wll extend the color of my garden a little later. That would be nice.
Digging in the dirt isn't always fun, especially with a toddler tugging at your leg, but the anticipation of the end result is like waiting for Christmas morning as a kid.
Perhaps I'll post "in progress" pics tomorrow... to show how much they have grown since I planted them!
4 comments:
I wish I knew something to tell you, but bulbs aren't my specialty. Sorry.
Feel free to scraplift anytime! Any motivation to scrap is good motivation in my mind. :-)
Haley
You are so much more patient than I am with the gardening. I wish I could tell you what direction bulbs should be planted, but I'm clueless. Although I have this pretty vived image of your plants growing down into the ground and blooming... I know it can't happen, but it's in my head none the less.
I'm not sure but I know they aren't suppose to be real deep in the ground. If it's been over 2 weeks I would dig around to see if anything is happening with them. They may just need less dirt and mulch over them... Just a thought.
Maybe I'll dig later this week... or perhaps I'll put off the inside chores a tad longer, stick Bear in her saucer to keep her from getting filthy, and dig while she screams "let me out of here" at the top of her lungs. She likes digging in the dirt, too.
Post a Comment