Friday, May 04, 2007

Meme Tag : Seven

Haley has tagged me to complete this meme.
Here are the rules: Each player starts with 7 random facts/habits about themselves.
People who are tagged need to write on their own blog about their seven things,
as well as these rules. You need to choose 7 people to get tagged and list their names.
Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them
that they have been tagged and to read your blog!

*************************
  1. I think I'm getting carpal tunnel syndrome in my wrist because of my blogging addiction.
  2. I am older than my hubby. Not by much, but this is funny because everyone tells me I look younger. Every now and then (maybe a couple of times a year), when I order a margarita or daquiri, I get carded. Unless I'm at the Mexican restaurants which we frequent. They know I'm older than I look.
  3. While I am very disorganized in many areas, I have certain obsessive tendencies which contradict that inherent messiness. The most noticable at home is my silverware drawer. I can't think of the others, but my family might reveal them. (Blogging is the most obvious.)
  4. I'm cultivating a love for gardening. It's in my genes, as my parents have gardened as long as I can remember. My Dad's parents had a wonderful garden in Yonkers, NY. My yard is not very big, so this poses a spacial problem. I may have overdone it planting bulbs this year. But pretty flowers are better than no flowers! Gardening reminds me of our Creator and I am awed by the unique qualities of the various plants.
  5. I have a harmonica collection. I received my 1st Harmonica as a birthday present, I think when I was in the 5th grade, but it might have been middle school. My grandpa let me play his harmonica when we visited him, so my parents bought me one. My neighbor's uncle saw me playing on our front stoop, and a year or so later, he mailed his harmonicas to me shortly before he died of cancer. I would love to learn the best way to clean harmonicas. I'm scared to play them because I don't want to get them too dirty.
  6. I majored in Secondary Ed-Spanish, but I've forgotten a LOT since I graduated. I taught High School for just 2 years before venturing into other areas. Now I stay home with my little girl.
  7. I'm a novice scrapbooker, and my husband is trembling with fear at the potential cost of the hobby. I may have recruited my new friend Carmen to the scrapping community last night. I've accumulated a decent collection of tools: corner rounder, circle cutter, 12 inch cutterpede paper trimmer and deckled blade, set of 20 edged scissors, tiny brads, girly papers, baby themed stamps, adhesives, and pens. It's time to get to work! I tend to get overwhelmed at the idea of the big picture and struggle with just taking things step by step.
**********************
I'm tagging the following people:
Caslon
Inkling
Becca
Zann
Michelle
Stephanie
Emily

3 comments:

zann said...

It was not until the birthday post that I discovered your hubby is older than you. I thought that was very interesting. I also did not know of your harmonica collection. I'm the same way on the organization. In some ways I've very organized and in others not so much. You would cringe at the sight of my silverware drawer.

I'll play it will be the next thing you see in my blog

Pfingston said...

WOO HOO!
I'm working on it now!

Rena said...

Great list! Yes, pretty flowers are way better than no flowers. Touching story about the harmonicas. Good luck with the scrapbooking! Scrapbooking can take on a life of its own sometimes.