
Since I'm not home, it's awfully tempting not tackle a single thing today. Alas, I am running out of clean clothes. Princess' cat fur sticks to everything, which makes it so much more difficult to get more than a single wear out of even a pair of jeans. (But when she crawled in my lap while we watched TV last night, it was all worth it. Even the allergies. Her purr seemed to say,"Thank you for trying to get that Bear to leave me alone!")
Anyway, here's today's tackle list:
1) water flower beds. the sprinklers will do the work. I may just have to adjust them.
2) laundry (that's my typical Tuesday tackle, anyway)
3) take Bear for a stroll-DONE! (she fell asleep and is now napping upstairs)
4) dust & pick up toys in the living room. Tech Mom's vaccuum works great,even if it is a little awkward (It's a Hoover Z thing that they got for $99 brand new from the Hoover store. It's Hoover's preliminary answer to the Dyson, but does have some comfort issues with operation, hence the price cut. I'm assuming the newer model is better. Still, a $400 vacuum for $99 is a great deal.) Now to get the furniture to match the freshly pampered carpet. I dusted all but one side table, and I've picked up blocks and crayons more times than I can count.
5) have dinner with A & M, friends from college. be sure to ask them to pray for mutual friend's father in law, who is having 20 inches removed from his intestines today.
6) take a shower. only a Mom understands why that must get put on a checklist.
7) show Tech Mom how to post pictures of the landscaping tackle from Saturday on her blog.
8) empty and refill the dishwasher
I hope to change the text to YELLOW (in process) and GREEN as the individual tasks are completed.
I took Baby Bear to Tech Mom's work today. She played shy at first, but eventually charmed everyone with her cute words in addition to adorable curls. She even scribbled the lab ladies a picture with their "colors" (markers). On the way home, we stopped by Hobby Lobby. Earlier this week I found a gift card that I had left over from Christmas that I had somehow not spent yet. Plus, Tech Mom wanted me to get Bear some WASHABLE crayons since the ones I picked up earlier this week were not washable. I found her a Blue's Clues coloring book to go with her crayons. Anyway, while at Hobby Lobby, I found their scrapbook papers and stickers were on sale for 50% off. WOO HOO!!!!!! And I bought a cool blade for my paper-cutter... it cuts jagged edges, that sort of look ripped... I think it's called deckled???
When I got back to Tech Mom's, I realized that I had failed to put my adhesives and scrapping pens in the box with my scrapbook and papers. So bringing my scrapping box was apparently pointless. Argh...
Baby Bear fell asleep in her carseat with a waffle fry hanging out of her mouth. I took the fry out and got her up to her pack and play for a nap. Now I must resume tackling the Tuesday mini- projects while she sleeps.
9:55 p.m.- Baby Bear practically kicked us and our friends out the door for our double "date". She repeated, "Bye!" numerous times. She and Tech Mom hung out while we splurged on a meal at Bahama Breeze. I ate delectable almond-crusted salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and squash. Yuuuuummmmmm-o. Hubby gets a certain amount of "expense $$$" according to the project location. He never spends all of it, and tonight we even got an appetizer. I think I can handle this... having a built in babysitter who I trust comletely, comfy bed, a cat that I don't have to take to the vet, and cable TV with DVR. But I do miss my house and my neighbors.
It was so nice to catch up with friends I've known for almost 13 years... I can't believe it has been that long already! Wow...
2) laundry (that's my typical Tuesday tackle, anyway)
3) take Bear for a stroll-DONE! (she fell asleep and is now napping upstairs)
4) dust & pick up toys in the living room. Tech Mom's vaccuum works great,even if it is a little awkward (It's a Hoover Z thing that they got for $99 brand new from the Hoover store. It's Hoover's preliminary answer to the Dyson, but does have some comfort issues with operation, hence the price cut. I'm assuming the newer model is better. Still, a $400 vacuum for $99 is a great deal.) Now to get the furniture to match the freshly pampered carpet. I dusted all but one side table, and I've picked up blocks and crayons more times than I can count.
5) have dinner with A & M, friends from college. be sure to ask them to pray for mutual friend's father in law, who is having 20 inches removed from his intestines today.
6) take a shower. only a Mom understands why that must get put on a checklist.
7) show Tech Mom how to post pictures of the landscaping tackle from Saturday on her blog.
8) empty and refill the dishwasher
I hope to change the text to YELLOW (in process) and GREEN as the individual tasks are completed.
I took Baby Bear to Tech Mom's work today. She played shy at first, but eventually charmed everyone with her cute words in addition to adorable curls. She even scribbled the lab ladies a picture with their "colors" (markers). On the way home, we stopped by Hobby Lobby. Earlier this week I found a gift card that I had left over from Christmas that I had somehow not spent yet. Plus, Tech Mom wanted me to get Bear some WASHABLE crayons since the ones I picked up earlier this week were not washable. I found her a Blue's Clues coloring book to go with her crayons. Anyway, while at Hobby Lobby, I found their scrapbook papers and stickers were on sale for 50% off. WOO HOO!!!!!! And I bought a cool blade for my paper-cutter... it cuts jagged edges, that sort of look ripped... I think it's called deckled???
When I got back to Tech Mom's, I realized that I had failed to put my adhesives and scrapping pens in the box with my scrapbook and papers. So bringing my scrapping box was apparently pointless. Argh...
Baby Bear fell asleep in her carseat with a waffle fry hanging out of her mouth. I took the fry out and got her up to her pack and play for a nap. Now I must resume tackling the Tuesday mini- projects while she sleeps.
9:55 p.m.- Baby Bear practically kicked us and our friends out the door for our double "date". She repeated, "Bye!" numerous times. She and Tech Mom hung out while we splurged on a meal at Bahama Breeze. I ate delectable almond-crusted salmon, garlic mashed potatoes, and squash. Yuuuuummmmmm-o. Hubby gets a certain amount of "expense $$$" according to the project location. He never spends all of it, and tonight we even got an appetizer. I think I can handle this... having a built in babysitter who I trust comletely, comfy bed, a cat that I don't have to take to the vet, and cable TV with DVR. But I do miss my house and my neighbors.
It was so nice to catch up with friends I've known for almost 13 years... I can't believe it has been that long already! Wow...
6 comments:
I love that a shower had to be on the list - and oh, how I wish I could say that I didn't understand why! :) Glad that has gotten checked off - it always makes my days better. :)
Hmmmmm...maybe I should put a shower on my list more often! LOL. Looks like you got quite a bit done - great job!
boy you got a lot done for being not a home.
Kudos to you
Since we lived here for 3 years, it's like home away from home. That means attempting to minimize any collateral damage from our visit. :-)
great job getting so much done.
i have to say, i'm mean until i get my shower. as soon as em's get on the bus i head up.
good for you. wrestling bear into her saucer to keep her out of trouble is not my idea of a good way to start the day. oh wait, neither is getting out of bed....
Post a Comment